SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1/2 mile and 1 mile speeds

39K views 65 replies 37 participants last post by  SRTFighter 
#1 ·
What does everyone think their Hellcats can do in the 1/2 mile or the 1 mile?

Read somewhere that it takes about 2 miles to reach top speed.

#2 ·
There is a video online somewhere, and it was somebody testing one for speed capability, and I believe after one mile he had hit 178mph in the Challenger Hellcat, but I also heard it takes a couple more miles after that for it to hit two hundred; acceleration slows significantly due to the major wind resistance, and more road is covered in shorter time due to the high velocity.

#3 ·
We are really going to be in rarefied air at these speeds and not too many cars,

I mean ANY production cars that can touch these speeds.

Going to be alot grumbling car owners, Corvettes, GTR's, Mustang gt500's, well i could go on.

I think 150-155 for 1/2 mile and 175 to 180 for the mile.

As best I can figure our cars top out in 6th gear

#7 ·
We are really going to be in rarefied air at these speeds and not too many cars,

I mean ANY production cars that can touch these speeds.

Going to be alot grumbling car owners, Corvettes, GTR's, Mustang gt500's, well i could go on.

I think 150-155 for 1/2 mile and 175 to 180 for the mile.

As best I can figure our cars top out in 6th gear

I couldn't resist getting into my car a bit today and I have to say, no GTR owner is grumbling over the hellcat. I had my GTR (stock) up to 151 the other day in a period of time that I'm sure no stock hellcat can do. The GTR just hooks up like nothing I've ever driven. I scares the shite out of anyone I've ever had in it.

The hellcat is way more fun to drive because of its sheer brute and sound but no way does it hook up like the Nissan's AWD. The Nissan is almost boring to drive it's so predictable. But sick fast.

#11 ·
I'm going to guess we will need 3-4 miles to approach 200 and then be able to brake after. One mile was 174 mph. Speed after that mile climbs slowly as you overcome wind resistance, and the fact that you are covering over 255 feet per second at the one mile mark, almost a football field every second. We need to take one to the Salt Lakes, where the land speed records are set. Nice and flat, no tree's or other things to crash into.

#60 ·
A fellow club member with a stock hellcat challenger said he did 206 on the straight out at the Las Vegas race track. He had to slow down to 180 in the curves.

#16 ·
So your like me waiting.

When did you order your Challenger Hellcat?

Love where your from and my last to New Orleans was fantastic

BTW 800hp at the wheels is absolutely awesome and a little scary.

Have to have a healthy respect and maybe some high performance driving schools for that type of power.

#18 ·
175 +/- in the mile. DRs would be a bit faster, but don't know if I want to trust a 4500 pound car tripling the double nickel to anything less then full blown high street rubber with only half the tread left. If I was to guess, at least 2 miles after that to hit the 195 +/- and another mile to stop?

I had my choice of AWD monsters-and they are amazing vehicles. I have watched the Camaro and Mustang from my youth grow by lengths and leaps, and yet, something was missing from them. The Dodge, Challenger IMHO, is the closest looking to all of the throwback muscle cars and that has always drawn me a bit more.

I had not even heard about the Hellcat till roughly 2-3 months ago, and then after the MT video there was no question I wanted one. I never even sat in one until it arrived on my street on truck transport (Hellcat.org history now).

It is truly the last Bat$hit, gonzo, bonkers car made in a truly American muscle car tradition of old. That is why people love it. It has got that "thing" that an E63, GTR, and Tesla just doesn't have-a mass appeal to everyone who ever loved a V8 both young and old. It is a life-sized Matchbox car that brings out everyone's inner 9 year old child, evoking passion, emotion, and vitality...

There will always be faster factory cars, some even under $100K, and some inevitably American. But not many.

#19 ·
Interesting points and congrats on receiving your Hellcat.

After a little more research, Dodge claims these cars will do 178 in the standing start 1 mile and little over 150 in the !/2 mile.

Like you said probably about 2+ miles to acheive top speed. That would be too much fun joining the 200mph club!

I made contact with Wannagofast about having a 1/2 mile event in the Tri-State area and they are very interested, still working on an airport venue.

A local Porsche Club has shown interest and I am sure Ferrari and McClaren or Lambo would join also.

It would be great challenging those supercars.

That "thing" you refer to is just a$$ kicking, beyond comprehension Hellcat Horsepower!

#20 ·
Interesting points and congrats on receiving your Hellcat.

After a little more research, Dodge claims these cars will do 178 in the standing start 1 mile and little over 150 in the !/2 mile.

Like you said probably about 2+ miles to acheive top speed. That would be too much fun joining the 200mph club!

I made contact with Wannagofast about having a 1/2 mile event in the Tri-State area and they are very interested, still working on an airport venue.

A local Porsche Club has shown interest and I am sure Ferrari and McClaren or Lambo would join also.

It would be great challenging those supercars.

That "thing" you refer to is just a$$ kicking, beyond comprehension Hellcat Horsepower!
What state do you live in?

#38 ·
I tire roasted through 3rd gear (A8 start in 2nd) and was at 149.6 at the 1/2 where I also clocked in the mile at 173.4 (15 mph headwind). When I ran 182.2 the 1/2 mile readout was down, so I don't know what that translates to in the 1/2.

#56 ·
If you select 2nd gear, it will be in 2nd gear.

If you choose 2nd gear at a stop, you can feel the car "bump" as it shifts to 2nd.

The car doesn't have a manual VB, but, it is fully electronic, so the computer can choose what gear it is programmed to allow.

#42 ·
IDK what it "has."

I clean the tires in first and start it in second gear manually with the paddles or shifter.

It stays in second gear until I let it automatically (or manually) shift into third. It does not shift back into 1.

Reactions: devildoghellcat
#46 ·
Vehicle Car Speedometer Auto part Gauge

This is 1 mile taking off 2nd gear with A8 and stock at airstrip in Arkansas

Reactions: Mtkat2015
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.