1 Hellcat Charger or a 392 + Focus Rs?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by evperry, Jun 5, 2016.

1. evperry

evperry Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'm close to giving up on getting this a Hellcat. Like very close.

I'm not paying over MSRP and for that matter I don't even wanna pay MSRP. There are a ton of these things just sitting on lots.

I had problems with a non local dealer not ordering a car so now I would just prefer to drive somewhere local. Invoice is attainable and below MSRP but they are either located out of my state or the cars don't have a Sunroof or they have brass monkey wheels. Not my type of car.

So now Im thinking I should just get a srt 392 and have some extra cash to put towards a Focus Rs when then come out. Then when the a hellcat Jeep hits I could make a deal or wait for that car to be priced properly.

I think I just want the hellcat for the black wheels and the red key. I live in NYC AND I will never ever goto track or even use launch control for that matter.

I powder coat the wheels black for 400 and I'm set.....

Anyway, I'm wondering how many people are going to sit out until this car cools off?

2. FLEX

FLEX Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    <raises hand>

I did not want to pay a markup; heck I don't even like paying MSRP. I got my 2015 SRT for $5.5k below MSRP and I got my 2016 SRT for $4.5k below MSRP.

Also did not want to wait. My 2015 was 4 weeks from order to delivery and my 2016 was 18 days from order to keys in my hand.

Like you I live in a very congested urban area and will never track my car.

~500 HP is plenty for a DD.

Plus for me the HC is nearly $30k more with our 13% tax included.

Love the Hellcats; mad jelly of the guys/gals that had the patience to wait and the deep pockets, but I love my SRT 392.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  3. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I paid MSRP last year... And have 14k daily driven miles. I don't know how you are having a hard time finding one without a mark up now?

SRT is plenty for a DD, but the Hellcat is on another level.

Did you really say you were going to buy a Ford on this site? Ha ha....just kidding.

4. evperry

evperry Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Oh yeah, I'm forgetting about tax. I'm 8.8875.

Your ordered and received a 16 in 18 days?

Why can't they do that with the hellcat?

I remember ordering a E46 M3 when those cars were hot. That came out of Germany and I think was sitting in my driveway in like 6 weeks. Ive been waiting 3 months for a car made 8 hrs from my house.

The American car dealers in NYC are rough to deal with.

I can pay invoice for 392 and just be pissed the one time a guy blows by me in Hellcat.

5. evperry

evperry Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Msrp is easy. Too easy. Invoice is out there also.

The problem is finding one with a Sunroof without brass money wheels. You would be shocked how many of these cars don't have a Sunroof.

Hey Ford may be a dirty word but that Focus RS is a beauty.

6. FLEX

FLEX Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Yep; but I got a connection. ;)

Might have even been able to get it a day or two earlier. It arrived at the dealer Thursday night but I couldn't pick it up until Monday because I was competing in Syracuse NY that weekend so I left town Friday morning.

Anyway my SRT 392 is still a pretty rare car for up here. Only 117 Charger SRT 392s were sold across the country for the 2015 model year. That makes it even more rare than the Hellcat, which sold 281.

Will be interesting to see the 2016 numbers......