10 Hangover Cures Debunked

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BKuz, Dec 27, 2015.

1. BKuz

BKuz Retired American Fighting Man

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    10 Hangover 'Cures' Debunked

This might be useful for friends and family since New Year's Day is on the horizon. LOL!

BKuz

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think I've proven half those theory's over the years... I agree! LOL... I'm older and wise now!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have a tried and true method that prevents a hangover in the first place. I am not a heavy drinker (on special occasions and vacations only), so I must be careful when I do drink, else my party time is really short. Eat a meal before you start drinking, and when you place an order for a drink, also order a glass of water. I drink my drink/shot, and then I drink the glass of water. I do not allow myself to order another alcoholic drink until I am at least halfway through the glass of water. Rinse, repeat. Of course, I am running to the bathroom often, but most people do that when they are drinking a lot, anyway. Hangovers are caused by dehydration from the alcohol ... so if you drink water, you do not get dehydrated, hence no hangover. I have gotten, as we say here in the South, "Drunker than Cooter Brown" on many occasions (especially on a cruise), but never once have I ever had a hangover.

April

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. RoyG

RoyG Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Huh; i was thinking the pretty girl in #8 was the one to help me address #7, until I saw that this concept was causing such bilious repugnance in her; triggering the hurl reflex so common to women around me. Then I saw #9; and as a middle aged schlub this is actually my best pathway to the hypothalamic explosion alluded to back in #7. Of course, the pepperonis arranged like bowling pins reminded me of how well pizza and bowling go with beer, which I guess brings us all the way back to the beginning of the article. (So, Einstein, Nietzsche and the Hindus' cyclical time theories seem well justified!).