1000mile Road Trip

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Bahboo, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Bahboo

Bahboo Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My son and I drove the purple beast to Oxford, Ohio during Spring Break to visit a long time friend of mine, who works at Miami University. It was around a 500mile journey each way, mostly interstate. The app Waze was a help in watching out for speed traps. Hellcat did awesome. When you're doing 55mph, it feels so darn slow in this car. Thankfully, there were areas on I-70 that had 70mph speed limits and most folks were doing 80. My son and I can't get over how this beast just keeps on pulling when you get a "bit" into the throttle. It's like the damn Energizer Bunny...keeps going and going. Going through I-68 was a blast, with the multiple mountain passes...pretty much left lane the whole time feeling the torque easily pull me up that mountain! Driving through campus got a lot of thumbs up and compliments. Drove it to Wright Pat to take my son to the AF Museum, and of course, the security police at the gate gave it the eyes-wide-open stare-down. Lastly, I was surprised I averaged 23mpg. Good times. :)

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Cats and open road are a great combination. Even better with a buddy!

• Like Like x 1
  3. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you for sharing about your trip that you had with your son. Often we take or do things with our kids that we never forget. And I hope your son does the same thing too. Thank you for the heartwarming post

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good for you Bahboo! I have a company car with free gas that serves me well, but I need to get the Cat out on long stretches like you did.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bahboo

Bahboo Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks JollyRoger! Speaking of "JollyRoger," my cubemate at work is a former Tomcat driver, and I mentioned I got a reply with a Jolly Roger avatar. He was with the "Sluggers" when they transitioned to the Jolly Rogers. His name is Otto Sieber (call sign Lechter, because he looked like Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lechter), and he told me his timeframe with the Sluggers/Jolly Rogers was around '93-'96. Great guy, with cool stories on the Tomcat and what it could have been with upgrades, but the Hornet dudes obviously won out. ;) Maybe you knew him? Take care. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bahboo

Bahboo Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Much obliged MABBRYFLDO!!! I do cherish times like these and it reminds how important it is to be the best parent you can to your kids because soon they'll be raising their own family. Wish you all the best. :)

• Like Like x 1