15/16 uconnect

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Bad Kitty!, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Bad Kitty!

Bad Kitty! Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Anybody thinking about upgrading the radio in their 15's to a 16 ? Any news on the update for the 15's if/when? I wonder if its just as simple as a head unit swap... can you change the cars color on the new one? I would like the Siri eyes free feature/app for sure. Please share if you have any info

2. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Forgive me because I could be wrong, but I read on another thread somewhere that the '15's can't be updated, it's a hardware issue, their CPU is at it's limit and the '16's have a faster chip...or something like that. Anyway, that's just what I read on here somewhere a couple of days ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Mark1107

Mark1107 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would buy a 16 head unit to get the new features!

4. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In 2016, the third party software support for the u connect will no longer be a player for the system. It will continue to support all FCA platforms, like the 2015 hellcats, but in 16, FCA is the support, not third party, and owns your electronics across the board. When you fire up your "voucher-promised, no higher than MSRP" Hellcat, FCA will be on the other end with on-the-fly updates, wanted or not, and in a full -up Big Brother role. If you think upgrading software is difficult now, and somewhat flexible, that's going to change in 2016. So "better" is relative and "choice" pretty much will be out the window.