200% increase in Dodge Viper Sales

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Carnage, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Source caranddriver

Dodge Viper’s $15,000 Price Cut Boosts Monthly Sales by Nearly 200 Percent—to 108 Cars
    [​IMG]

Last month’s decision by Dodge to slash prices on the face-melting Viper by $15,000 seems to be paying huge dividends: Sales of the car jumped by 184 percent in September.

That doesn’t mean you’ll be seeing Dodge’s V-10 brute on every street corner, though. That huge percentage jump translates to 108 Vipers sold in September, up from 38 in August. The Viper has never been intended to sell in huge numbers, but 2014 has not been kind to the Mopar snake. Chrysler temporarily halted Viper production in April due to an unsold backlog, and the plant has worked only 10 days since then. It’s been entirely idle since July.

But that $15,000 price cut on unsold 2013 and 2014 cars was seemingly the boost the venomous coupe needed. When production on 2015 models begins in mid-November, the discount will bring the Viper’s list price down to $84,995 before destination charge and gas-guzzler tax (which together added $4595 to ’14 models). Dodge also pitched current-gen Viper owners on an upgrade to the refreshed 2015 with a $15,000-off coupon good until 2018.

The 2015 snake gets a small boost in horsepower to 645, which, astoundingly, is still 62 ponies shy of what you can get in a four-door Dodge that costs far less. And while we’re comparison shopping, the world-beating 650-hp Corvette Z06 is still cheaper than the discounted Viper. These, clearly, are good times to be a horsepower junkie.

2. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The Viper is a race car you can take on the road
    Hellcat is a road car you can take on the track

Trust me for driving on the Streets the CAT will be the best. My Viper is noisy, hot, rattles, shakes and squeaks......... but she is real fast!

Love it when somebody in a Vette trys to take on the Viper.

3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Love it! My super bee got chased by a viper before but it gave up when I reached 120mph he just let go of his gas and it was exhiliarating