Want to Buy 2015 Challenger Hellcat w/MANUAL @ MSRP

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by redkey, Dec 7, 2014.

1. redkey

redkey Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The first thing I'll say is I'm sure that if the moderators of this forum find this post objectionable, they'll just remove it.

To my fellow Hellcat.orgers, it seems like a clever idea to me and if anyone is offended by it, it was not my intention to offend. If somebody else did this, it wouldn't bother me, but if it makes you uncomfortable, again I wasn't trying to stir the pot....just to accomplish an objective. And if you overreact to the point of having a conniption as a result then maybe you should be grateful for the distraction that made your own waiting pass just a smidge quicker.

I've already put A LOT of work into searching on my own by contacting well over 150 dealers in more than 25 states and in a bunch of cases by continuing communication, and included in some of my posts on this site at least a few contacts I've found in the course of that search which may be useful for other members for them to obtain a Hellcat of their own.

This post is just a more concise method by me of searching for a MANUAL Challenger Hellcat @MSRP with a sprinkling of 'incentive' to add a little flava, thicken the plot, and hopefully get my own Perdition P***y that much quicker.

The incentive is that I'll offer three separately numbered portraits of Benjamin Franklin or their equivalent worth to anyone who can immediately connect me with a 2015 MANUAL Challenger Hellcat in a configuration as I specify below or one that I will be pleased with that AT LEAST is a NEW (must be less than 10 miles on odometer with no evidence of abuse or damage) 2015 Challenger Hellcat, MANUAL, WHICH I CAN PURCHASE AT MSRP from the dealer and which results in a purchase by me of that specific '15 Challenger Hellcat. I may discontinue this offer at any time, but if I DO purchase the Hellcat that YOU referred me to, I will without a shadow of doubt honor my promise of $300.

Please communicate via Private Conversation regarding exchanging personal contacts and personal information. The Hellcat I find pleasing may be at "D1" Order Code Status, already built and not yet in transit, already in transit, or already on the dealer's lot.

I've got a local Dodge dealer who will accept a "Courtesy Shipment" from the factory to my local dealership for a fee which I will cover separately per my agreement with that local Chrysler/Dodge dealer; that dealer will do the Pre Delivery Inspection, do the washing/detailing and hand over all keys. I'll pay the original selling dealership the cost of the car at MSRP and any of their document fees. I will pay state sales tax in CA as well as my annual license plate/tag in CA at our CA DMV.

Below is a copy of emails I've been sending several dealers in search of a new Challenger Hellcat in MANUAL configuration, among other features:

I need to keep all early communication in-print via email because I'm speaking with several dealers and I need to keep track of who said what on which date/time.

I'm looking for an unspoken for allocation for a '15 Challenger Hellcat at MSRP; or an order placed for store stock that hasn't been sold yet. must be a MANUAL transmission. I want Redline Red, upgraded Laguna leather seats, red seatbelts and summer tires. I have $$$ ready to go. I live in CA so I can't just swing by the dealership for a chat.

DJ, a.k.a. username on SRT Hellcat Forum www.hellcat.org/: redkey

2. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good luck in your search!

I saw how Dodge messed up the Gen 5 Viper release...so I decided to wait and see how everything unfolds.

Dodge had loyal Viper owners put down deposits on cars and then had dealerships get their allocation first. Hopfully they learn from those mistakes. I believe most of the customers that are getting their cars this month paid $5k over MSRP.

I'm hoping to get into a sublime green, but not sure I have the patience.

• Like Like x 1
  3. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    to get it now you need to spend $5,000 more, not $300

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You posted the other day that you had two hellcats for sale For 20k over .
    Dealerships to avoid buying a Hellcat way overpriced Page 8 SRT Hellcat Forum

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Nycsrt

Nycsrt BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  6. redkey

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What???

I don't have ANY Hellcats and never said I do. Anything I've listed is what I've found in the course of searching and I have no connection to any of those dealers Einstein. Nor am I the only one to find them listed at that price and to state so on the forum. .

Now whether I can find anything under $5K is at least spoken in a sensible choice of English syntax. Even so, there was a dealer who offered $2500 over but won't sell to anyone outside of Michigan and this below is what I posted. $2500 over might have been acceptable to someone. Whether it works or not I'd rather continue the search, al least for now, than to sit around doing nothing.:

I can order you a Hell Cat. Let me know what options you want and what color. We require a $2,000.00 deposit and we are charging $2,500.00 over sticker.

Thank you, Rich Snay - Internet Manager / Client Advisor Harold Zeigler Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Ram Fiat - Viper - Maserati

7. redkey

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I know where there's one on the East Coast @ Phantom/black; manual, red seatbelts, and nav but they want $5,000 markup. same old story...just got the email today so it's probably still there. If you're interested, let me know. As I've said before, if you live close to them and you've got a trade-in you may be able to get a good price on, you might be able to get within $1500 when all the debits and credits are balanced out.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

I hate to bring this up and I'm not doing so just to start an argument, but I will bring it up because I think it's most likely true. I know some people will put snow tires on their Hellcat but my guess is that hardly anybody will. Even though we do seem to be seeing more $5K ADM's instead of $10K and $20K ADM, keep in mind that once mid-March gets here and we even get 2 days where it's 70 degrees and the snow is starting to melt in Nebraska for example, that, IMO is definitely going to give Hellcat ADM's a second wind. Look at any performance car like a new '14 GT500 still sitting on a lot in the snow or new Stingrays and even a short batch of warm weather fuels the sprout. Remember when you were a kid and even though trout season didn't begin until April 1st, a 2-day St Paddy's Day thaw got all 11 year olds high as hell, and all grown country men just giddy? ....same phenomenon. Life is short, keeps getting shorter, and with the stressors most of us adults have, what's a spring fever buzz worth to you? okay, well not $5000 and maybe you should just enjoy 'better living through chemistry' with some Green Beer. as long as you don't get a DUI.

I do think ADM's will regress in the short term mid-Dec through mid-March, but unless SRT really starts cranking out these Vicious Ladies at a supply rate that matches demand, I don't think supply is really going to catch up until September. I think that by May, larger ADM's will return again. No diss to Dodge because i think Ford and GM do pretty much the same thing, but their marketing departments really aren't all that precise at projecting sales based on what I've seen. And as far as what's coming down the pipeline in the next 2 - 3 months, i know that on svtperformance.com there are guys who had info about for example how many 5.8L were stacking up. by obtaining and sharing info about the status of component availability, there were a group of svtp members who, like them as a person or not were surprisingly good at presenting facts that later retrospect were upheld to have been surprisingly accurate. and already, wider wheels were found in parts listings before the GT350 was revealed. there are an even larger set of wheels in there RIGHT NOW which appears to increasingly support that there likely will be a Shelby GT350R. if the R manifests and is in mid-$50Ks for example, i'd guess that will be sales competition with a large factor being ADM prevalence or lack of it. That extra $10,000 included in the $75K msrp even before the ever-present markups on Z/28 and the fact (IMO anyway) that most men prefer blunt force trauma (superior 1320 rates) to graceful dance moves (finesse on the twisties) leaves me with the impression that few are going to forsake pursuit of getting a Hellcat for getting a Z/28 however good of a car that Z may be. If Ford does come up with a GT350 that starts at $50-2K and then tops that with the as-of-yet "R" version. if a Gt350 R becomes a reality and gives the Z/28 serious competition at $20,000 less, it should likewise have at least some amount of impact on Hellcat demand which all things being equal should put downward pressure on Hellcat ADM's. incidentally, have you heard the exhaust note on a GT350??? it'd be enough to make Sandusky chase women

the '15 Z06 is a wicked ride too, but the price is quite a bit more.

However awesome a position the Hellcat now enjoys, wise management remains ever-vigilant and is humble enough to not lose sight of the fact that fame can be a fickle mistress. Nevermind, "Here today, gone tomorrow." Bloated Vince McNeill exemplifies the perhaps more applicable David Lee Roth slogan, "Here today, gone today."

**************************************************************************************************************************************************
    I wish the Charger would be made in a manual. that too would relieve demand pressure on the Challenger 'cat. I'd definitely opt for a manual Charger and I'd be blastin' '70's funk...hopefully knockin' boots with Chaka Khan at the same time.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  8. Dak59RT

Dak59RT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Huh? :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    shalom alaikum

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    you and me both

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. bman505

bman505 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I will sell you a Hellcat for MSRP. My only issue is not knowing how soon I can get you one. Send me a PM if interested. I have two Dodge dealerships I can pull from.

Check with 4nines or Dascrow for reference if needed.

Brandon

12. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ok, yes I'm "shilling" for my dealer. He's in midwest. He sales at MSRP. He figures he can make more $$ with more allotments. he's saying they have at least 4/5 on way with no name on em yet regarding allotments I mean. Midwest being Ohio/Mich area.
    I have No Dog in this fight. I was just treated right. pm for cell number if you are interested.

13. RDLSRT

RDLSRT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    $300 doesn't seem like much incentive, considering all the stipulations in your request. Good luck.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. George

George Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have one for sale...Give me $66.000 and it's yours! Taxes payed in Georgia ($5100) and I will thrown in the cost of the paint protection as well as the transfer of the extended warranty. It has 2400 miles on it. Phantom Black Pearl Coat with black interior with red seat belts. 6 Speed. I do have a note on it. With $5500 for the paint protection and warrenty is fair deal. I ordered a Viper with no need for both. This car is very nice but with a 2010 Speed Factory Challenger @ 980HP that I still have I don't need it.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  15. RDLSRT

RDLSRT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the offer George, but waiting on Tri-Coat Red Pearl.