2015 Hellcat Challenger electronic throttle control acting up

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Unimogman, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Unimogman

Unimogman Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If anyone has advice, I could use it, I installed a res. Delete kit from Kooks my car drove killer parked it after an hour of no codes or etc or engine symbols on the dash , went to cruise it today then whamo, rough idle lightning bolt and engine symbol it shakes from a miss and then went into limp mode, only has 1/4 throttle, now. I woul love some advice, thanks so much!

2. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Please list any other mods and who may have done the work. Qualified technician?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Did you do the work? If so how did the install go? Was it a clean install without incident? Cutting Issues? Any pinched/cut wires? Exhaust valve wiring? Everything tied back into place? Anything smell like it's melted?

So many questions without much to go on in your description. Good job, no problems, ran fine first time doesn't provide much insight. Details please

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Unimogman

Unimogman Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I installed the tailpipes, it went well, very clean actually, i used a portaband, to do most the cutting, so no abrasions or anything , i am very careful, as i really dont like scratches and such , even in my floorpans, ha, unfortunately , i had to use a sawzall to finish the last parts of the cuts, but new blade, then i used magnets to collect all the metal shavings, so ya no incident.

5. Unimogman

Unimogman Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I did the work but I fix elevators, and have always done car projects, but this is my only mod, other than I installed a mr. Norms pistol grip, shifter, and I have a Kw lowering kit I have yet to install:) my last car was a 2014 Srt8, core model Challenger, and i put the reso delete kit on it and lowered it and no problems at all

6. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    (edit)...

First I'd go back under and recheck the work and make sure it's all where I left it.

Then I'd go under the hood and start with a eye ball inspection followed by physical inspection.

Eyeball everything you can see and flashlight for where it's dark

Physical for everything you can touch, pull, tug, jiggle, rotate or otherwise move.

one other thing...your belts are turning correct? lower pulley issue?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1