2016 Allocation process detail question

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Obiefox, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Obiefox

Obiefox Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm working with a couple dealerships to place an order against their allocation. They claim to have allocations and they have ordered one or two 2016 HC since the order banks opened.

I'm getting a consistent message that they say that they will not be able to place another order against their existing allocation until next month or early Oct. Does this add up? Is Dodge "metering" when the dealerships can place orders against the allocations that they have been told they have?

Thanks and if anyone knows of a midwest dealership with allocation for an A8 Challenger HC that can/will place an order immediately, please PM them to me.

Kevin

2. Robert7

Robert7 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yes. Dealerships know they have allocations, but have to wait until around the 10th of each month to find out what they can order for that month.

3. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just make sure they they not only know the car (Challenger or Charger), but also the tranny (A8 or M6), it matters, their allocation will be specific to both. After a year of VON hell, I found a dealer in Tx last week who had an allocation for an A8 Challenger, called him that day, placed my deposit (for MSRP), got a VON that day and today, one week later, I got a VIN. I would of had a VIN two days earlier if I didn't have brass monkey wheels as an option. My dealer let me know, two days ago. I did some research on here, talked to my local powder coating shop and dropped that option yesterday...got my VIN this morning.

So just go into it with eyes wide open...

4. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Eyes wide open is spot on!

Working a Hellcat purchase is playing in an altered dimension. Nothing seems to work the same way twice. Rules, there are no rules. There are no repeatable processes. What works for one may or may not work for others. FCA has made it a free for all with strings out there for anyone and everyone to pull.

Kind of like running in a Hellcat...Eyes wide open, mouth shut and hang on for a wild ride!

• Like Like x 1
  5. roygurijala

roygurijala Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Kevin,

I know of a dealer who said will be getting a challenger hellcat(2015) in a week or so. He is in Washington DC Metro area and is willing to sell the car at sticker price. I don't know any further details. If you are interested, I can pass on his information to you.

-Roy