2016 avaliable options???

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by graycat, Dec 19, 2015.

1. graycat

graycat Automobile Aficionado Extraordinaire Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dodge is going to replace my existing car (lots of issues) with a new one. I have looked at the official Dodge.com website to have a plan together for when ISG contacts me but I may be missing something.

I looked at the Dodge website last week and did not see the brass monkey wheels as an option. Then
    two days later they are an option once again. I think that I have saw the red seat belts as a195.00 option
    a couple of weeks ago but now they are gone???

I've heard of a "hyper black" optional wheel but never saw it as an option.

Does anyone know if the dealer has more ordering options than what I can pull up on the Dodge website?

I've been through a headache but Dodge was nice enough to "make it right" in the best possible way and
    I just want to have my act together when I get the call so as not to make things difficult for the person that
    is assigned to work with me on getting the new car.

I'm looking at three colors, Granite Crystal, Black and Jazz Blue. I'm really liking the photos on this site
    of the Sephia interior but I've never saw it in person.

Also I'm not sure how Brass Monkey wheels would look with any of the colors that I like. Any opinions or
    photos would be much appreciated. I'm passing on the red seat belts, if they are even available???My
    current car has them and it's just not my cup of tea. In a red car they would be great, but not in my green
    car.

Anyone ordered a 16 with any information that they would care to share would be very helpful.

2. ppowell1983

ppowell1983 BANNED Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So, the 2016 challengers basically come loaded. There's a couple of options you can get.

1. Flat black hood. $1995
    2. Brass monkey wheels (costs something)
    3. Sun Roof (I think (1,995))
    4. Color of leather, brown or black or the cloth inserts. ($0 choice)
    5. Transmission, I assume you know these options

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Greencat... The Hyper Black wheels are not on the option list for a Hellcat... don't ask me why as they are the same size as the Cat wheels. They should be available as an option and maybe FCA will open that up later. If I had a choice I would have wanted Hyper Black... not a big fan myself of BM wheels... but I did see them on a Jazz Blue with Sepia interior and they really looked good. Of the three colors you've selected I would prefer Granite Crystal with black hood. Good Luck!;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ppowell1983..thanks for your post. My satin black hood has a lot of trash in the paint but still looks good
    on a green car but I'm going to pass on it for the next car. Brass Monkey wheels are listed at 995.00
    but I'm not sure about them either, I'd love to see them in person or maybe some good photos of them on cars that are the colors that I'm looking at getting. I've never been a sunroof guy but I intend to try one
    on the new car just like I've never been an auto transmission guy but I did get one on my current car and
    plan to stick with it. They seem to be super tough transmissions.

If the PCP car in your avatar is yours, all I can say about it is SWEET!! Thanks again for the info.

• Like Like x 1
  5. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hemi Rocket...Thanks! I think that I may have saw the Hyper Black wheels on an SRT Challenger at a
    gas station this past summer, or maybe it was a set of aftermarket wheels that looked a whole lot like
    the factory wheels on our cats but more of a dull black/gray look to them. I'd love to have them on the
    replacement car. Not sure about the Brass Monkey wheels.

I'm leaning hard toward Granite but just not sure about the sephia. The photos look killer but I've never
    actually saw it in person.

The satin hoods look really good but mine has lots of dirt and even what looks like a bug in it and the
    paint is flaking off and showing the green basecoat under it so I'll just pass on it this go around.

6. Cenziocars

Cenziocars Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello Greencat,
    Can you briefly tell us what were some of the major issues that warrant FCA to replace your car. This is quite concerning. I hope you don't mind me asking. It would give us a idea of what to look for. I'll likely take my delivery of my PCP in Feb 2016. I guess most owners are happy at this point with their car. I'd like to go over mine with a fine tooth comb before I take the keys .Your advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

7. 707 Fc7

707 Fc7 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My opinion:
    1. Sepia is awesome
    2. Get brass monkey if available to order.
    3. Not a fan of the matte black wheel. Hyper black that is offered in the SRT is much nicer than matte...but is not available on hellcat.
    4. Not a black hood fan but if you like... have it vinyl wrapped and save a lot of money. $400 vs $1995. When sick of black hood peel it off to return to body color.
    5. Any color is a good choice. Plum crazy ordering is closed so you will need to find one all ready on lot of coming in soon.
    6. Red seat belts with black interior only.
    Nothing wrong with them.
    Hope this helps

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cenziocars

Cenziocars Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm not a picky guy but major issues intrigue me. I had a major issue on a brand new Grand Cherokee Limited back in 93.

9. Cenziocars

Cenziocars Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    707 Fc7
    Did you get you hood wrapped yet? I ordered your exact combo, I was inspired when I saw yours. I'm in D1 status and can't wait.

10. Cenziocars

Cenziocars Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Tig said he wrapped his in 3M 1080 Matt, I also noticed that 3M offers a Satin Black 1080 vinyl as well. I'm not sure which to choose. It needs to match the spoiler and gas cap area best.

11. ppowell1983

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    [QUOTE=If the PCP car in your avatar is yours, all I can say about it is SWEET!! Thanks again for the info.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is mine. I love it, I picked it up on Monday and it wasn't my first choice. I wanted a B5 blue, but the only one in the area has the brown/orange interior with the black hood and brass monkey wheels. It also didn't have a sunroof which was a must for me. Anyway, the colors on that car was all over the place and didn't look good to me. I saw this one and I fell in love with it and it is now my favorite color. I was afraid of someone making fun of it being a "girl car", but that was stupid since this has 700hp and sounds like an angry monster on steroids...

• Like Like x 2
  12. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Cenziocars....thanks for your post. My car had several electronic issues (6 trips to dealer in 8 weeks)
    trip number 7 was due to the crank pulley slipping on the crank. It looks like I'm one of eleven that this
    has happened to based on people from this web site pm'ing me and posting here. Not looked at by a
    dealer yet but also reported has been coolant leaking inside of the cab of the car and I had something
    weird happen a few times when I tried to upshift using the paddle (+). It downshifted several times
    using the upshift panel and also downshifted using the (-) downshift paddle.

707Fc7.....thanks for a great post. I agree 100%about wrapping the hood for anyone that wants a black
    hood. I'm leaning toward the Granite crystal car but not sure how the BM wheels would look with that
    color and I also agree with you about the red seat belts.

13. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ppowell1983...did you actually see the B5 car with the Sephia interior? I'm still "on the fence" about it. I like the photos but I've not actually saw it in person.

14. ppowell1983

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I did, with the black hood, brass monkey wheels, and the Sephia interior the colors were all over the place and didn't have any coherent theme on the color side. Like my car is purple and black, that's it. I am actually seeing if I can find somebody to paint the calipers PCP to match the rest of the car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Cenziocars

Cenziocars Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    FYI, 3M also completely descibes installation of vinyl wraps as a DYI with kits provided you have an ambient indoor environment to do it. Instruction on their 3M youtube instruction is soup to nuts, Could cost approx $120.00 in material from vinyl giant.com. I am a perfectionist of installation and plan at this point to handle it myself. I also have the facility and patience to do it right. I would just want to know if I should go with 3M Matt Black or 3M Satin Black 1080 vinyl sheet.

• Useful Useful x 1