2016 Charger HC order experience

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Cleavermodels, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Cleavermodels

Cleavermodels Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hello Folks! Thanks to this website I found within 4 hours after joining a solid lead to switching dealers to one with allocation for 2016 and not charging over MSRP. Dodge of Burnsville, MN was the first dealer I called and hit it right! They had November allocation for a Charger which was not a sold car but floor planned by them which they successfully changed to my order . FCA accepted the order on September 15, 2015 one day after I contacted Burnsville Dodge. The dealer then requested a $500 deposit which I sent promptly. My voucher arrived 3 weeks later to my home from FCA for $4K toward a 2016 Charger HC which I copied and promptly sent to Dodge of Burnsville. VON received about 10 days after order accepted by FCA. Received VIN on October 7th and have a build date of the week of January 18, 2016. Dealer has already arranged enclosed shipping from Burnsville to my home in Lawton, Oklahoma. Thrilled to say the least. It would be interesting if the car starts assembly on 1/22/16...it would be exactly 1 year since I placed my order with my dealer in Oklahoma and experienced VON purgatory for almost 8 months and having the 2015 order cancelled. SRT hotline says it is possible the build date may be moved earlier and they will e-mail if so. I ordered a 2016 Charger HC in B-5 Blue with the Black Laguna Leather interior. No options. Thanks for your help. I probably would have been going through all sorts of mental gyrations and not getting anywhere if I stayed with my no HC allocation dealer with a sales manager who said he could twist the regional manager around to getting allocation. Cleavermodels:)

Personal rides: 1957 Chrysler 300C Hardtop, 1966 Corvair Monza Coupe, 2002 Ford Thunderbird, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2009 Challenger SRT-8, 2010 Buick Lucerne Super, 2010 Cadillac Escalade. Future: You Guessed!

• Like Like x 4
  2. MattG

MattG Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    your gonna love it when you finally get in and drive it away. It will take a long time
    to wipe the smile off your face once you hit cruising speed.....

Best color of choice also.

Matt

3. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I ordered mine on 9/10, got a VON within a day or two, had to drop the brass monkey wheels to get a VIN, but had a VIN the next day, which was probably a week after the initial order. Went to D1 status. Scheduled to be built the week of 11/16. Then a couple of weeks go by and the build date got moved up to 10/19. I had a ship date of 10/23 and an ETA (delivered at dealer) of 10/30 - 11/5. This dealer is in another state, almost 500 miles away, so I need to make travel arrangements. The sooner the better because it's cheaper. I want to fly there and drive it back, that way I'll have it just about broken in by the time I get home. Then I noticed Monday or Tuesday that the brass monkey wheels were still on my POC, so I asked my dealer and he said that yes, they were on my order and I was actually going to get them yay!). D1 means that all parts are available to build the car and it's just waiting to get scheduled for the build. So I called the SRT hotline every day this week, wanting to know which day it starts getting built...still not started yesterday. Called today at 4:50pm and now my build date has been moved to the week of 11/9. Now the ship and ETA dates are gone, so I don't know what is going on exactly. Dealer is going to talk to the regional SRT rep on Monday. I don't understand, if all of the parts are available to build the car, for 3 weeks, why on the last day it gets pushed back over two more weeks.

I have been waiting on this car for somewhere around 16 months. And I'm sneaking up on a year since I placed my first order. I've placed 4 orders and deposits, in 4 different states (one over 1200 miles away) in the last 10 months. Two were the 2015 model year. One was for a 2016 with a dealer that had an allocation, but didn't know how this all works. It was for an M6 and I think he thought he could change it to an A8 but he was mistaken. I found the current dealer about a week later, when that first dealer couldn't produce a VIN, and ordered with him and had my VIN just a few days later. First VIN in 4 orders. I cancelled the other orders and got my deposits back and only have one order now, but am definitely disappointed in the news today.

4. Cleavermodels

Cleavermodels Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    On the evening of 10/28/15 we fly to Minneapolis to visit family and my cell chimes that I have a message when approaching my rental car. It is from the Burnsville Dodge dealer a few miles away stating that my car will ship from the factory 11/10/15! They moved the build date up to 11/9/15 from week of 1/18/15. Needless to say I am psyched!! Cleavermodels

5. Cleavermodels

Cleavermodels Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Correction...build date moved from 1/18/16 not 2015.

6. Cleavermodels

Cleavermodels Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks! Sooo excited that build date moved up to 11/9/15 from 1/18/16!

7. pinetreecat

pinetreecat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You have a vin:

Car is coming after all your waiting. Relax. Enjoy the ride: it's just part of the Quest.

I got my order in and drove the car after 404 days.

8. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Enjoy the good luck and shortened wait.
    VON HELL sucks was there before searching out my ride. CHARGER HC is awesome.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My build date is still for the week of 11/9. Which is still 10 days sooner than the original build date that I was given, but I was initially disappointed at how long from the date of purchase to the date of build. They are supposed to be doubling capacity, which means it should take them half as long to build these this year. Anyway, 6 days from now hopefully my car will start the build process, or one day during that week. From previous estimates it seems like the build process is pretty quick, 1-4 days, then 1-2 weeks for transport, of course YMMV. But this one is getting shipped to Austin TX, which is almost as far away from Brampton as possible besides Miami, FL, Phoenix, AZ or San Diego, CA (or similar distances). So just FYI. Makes it kind of hard to purchase plane tickets or hotels in advance. Oh well...