SRT Hellcat Forum banner

What do you guy's think about the stripes on the Charger?

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Dislike

Votes: 7 50.0%

2016 Charger HellCat Owner's

5K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  rfinglet 
#1 ·
I would like to hear from my fellow 2016 owner's on there feelings on the Hk system, Race Stipe option, No sunroof, and anything wlse that was complained about in the 2015 Models.. My general rule of thunb is never buy the first year of anything so with that said my HellCat is just perfect from top to bottom in my eye's. Whats your thoughts?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
The stripes are okay, but better to see on someone else's car. I prefer my car to be clean and the lines to be unfettered.

The sunroof adds weight, reduces the structural strength, adds noise and cuts headroom. It also messes with the look of the clean roofline. Not a fan.

The HK system is not worth it. Buy the stock system and add a sub for 600 bucks and you'll be better off. 2 grand buys MUCH better audio aftermarket.

Robert

#14 ·
I also prefer my car with out stripes put when i was told i couldn't get a sunroof with my 2016 model i didn't want it plain so it was a choose between the black roof or stripes. I went with the stripes and they did a fine job. I'm really happy with the look. $2000 can buy much more after market but with some adjustments in the equalizer the sound is good enough for me with the HK system. It was easier for me to let the factory do all the work rather than having someone that never worked on a hell cat mess something up..

Attachments

#4 ·
2015 Charger HC...

NO problems...seems like mine was perfect right out of the box.

Sunroof a plus and I've got plenty of HP to compensate for the added couple pounds.

Reactions: SAMMY DA BULL
#5 ·
I have the 2016. Performance pages upgrade is fast and precise. Love the lines of the Charger. Rides better and pulls like a freight train in the upper miles per hour over my SRT 2012. Love the sound of the exhaust pipes when I crank it up in the morning especially when I'm standing behind the car. It even gets louder after 10 seconds with a lower growl sound...What a Beast!
I prefer to drive in the Sport Trans. position on the performance pages. Shifts much quicker and keep me in around 5th gear at high speeds instead of 7th or 8th.
If your still waiting for yours to be built, It will be worth it! I can tell you that for sure!

#6 ·
I passed on ordering the stripes, don't care about the sunroof, HK sound is okay, probably not worth the upcharge (same way I feel about many of the upgrades in 2016-$2k for a black hood, $1k in 2015; $3k for auto trans (challenger), $2k in 2015). I took the HK upgrade more for resale value, remains to be seen if the next owner cares. Now if they could only find my fuel leak, I'd be in business.

#7 ·
I like them on some colors but for others, I'd pass. For my own car, I think stripes on a 4 door car are a bit much. To each their own of course.

#10 ·
I like them on YOUR car. I considered stripes but really like my car clean....the sunroof is fine as long as it isn't on my car. The last car I owned with a sunroof I opened 2 times...when I first bought it and the last day of the bumper to bumper warranty....wanted to make sure it worked when I got it and still worked before the warranty was gone.

#11 ·
I like the stripes, but not for me. I do not have the HK system so no comment. As for the sunroof...I had a 2006 Charger SRT8 with a sunroof. I had it for 10 years (was absolutely in love with it) I maintained it as if it was one of my children and it looked better than most new cars on the road (I tell you all of this to say this) after time the sunroof started leaking(through no fault or lack of maintenance on my behalf). I had the seals replaced, gaskets etc.. and that did not seem to fix it. So I am happy not to have the sunroof on my HC.

#12 ·
My 2 cents:

1) In BC, Canada, Sunroof is a must otherwise I will be depressed, glad that when I ordered mine, it is available as an option.
2) HK audio, I am also glad that it was an option that I don't have to go with. I am very happy with Alpine stereo comes with my HC. Not so sure about resale value because of HK audio though, I am keeping it for long term anyway.
3) Strips, not a fan, and won't look as good on my grey color in my opinion.

Your red with strips is very hot! Make sure you watch out for cops all the time as HC is a magnet, your strips may push them over the edge, just saying.

#15 ·
Ultimate sleeper...no options at all...other than the summer tires. Of course, being in FL, white is the optimum color for heat dissipation. For being white, it is amazing the stares it gets. Apparently, there are many folks who recognize the unique hood and the Hellcat emblems on the front fenders. Have owned five Vipers since 1994 but am enjoying the 'Cat even more...maybe due to being an "old" guy?? One SWEET ride!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.