2016 Charger SRT not without its problems, I'm singing the weekend Blues

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT 392' started by cliftonfts, Jun 18, 2016.

1. cliftonfts

cliftonfts Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    I really love this car but, its been in the shop a lot. Back in November; three days after a bought this car I notice that my turn signal would not shut off and my heated steering would not stay on. I originally did a post about it but after 60 long days with lots of trips to the dealership all issues have been resolved. Chrysler suggested that they replace the steering wheel and that was the source of my problem. So now I'm am a happy camper and have been driving my dodge for months but last week we hit 90s in the North Carolina. So I'm noticing my ac seems not to be very cold and I'm lower my temperature to get a nice chill inside the car, and the sucker goes out! I'm getting hot air, I turn the air off and rolled the windows down and dealt with it. But a few min later I turn the air back on and it worked great, actually worked for the rest of the day. I thought maybe it was an anomaly, but it repeated it self the next day buts it's totally sporadic. I waited for a day when I had free time and it was out to take it straight to the dealer. When I got there it was not working and they saw it wasn't working but it was late and they couldn't look at it till the morning, so I left it there. That was Thursday, come Friday the dealer could not duplicate the issue, the air seemed to work for them and they worked on it all day Friday and they still have the car now. and once again I'm without my 53 thousand dollar car.

Now I'm a previous dodge owner, a 2015 Durango Citadel, a great truck over 25,000 miles so far. Its also had one simple issue. It took two trips to the dealer but the problem has been found and parts are on order. I'm not going to complain on that, its very simple issue and like I said we have put over 25,000 miles on the car. But this charger with 8,600 and these hard to diagnose intermittent issues which requires me to be without my car for days on end are very discouraging.

I must say that I'm at the point I must say I probably want buy another dodge. We were thinking of buying my daughter a dart for her first car. But now, we are looking for other options.

2. clickr

clickr Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Seems like a sensor in the window area of the dash that tells the AC how hot/cold the car is. Be patient.

1990 vette. 35k miles replaced the short block under warranty. Was in the shop over a dozen times for head gasket oil leaks, block shaved, new heads, new gaskets, and all the time on a visit to another dealer in the same town were we did not buy the car, the distributor shaft o-ring was nicked which let oil come out of the engine and leaked down off of the intake manifold onto the cylinder heads. All of that warranty work over three years and time without the car when it could have been diagnosed and fixed with a 25 cent part.

Bottom line: take it to another dealer and have them look at it.

Cheers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. cliftonfts

cliftonfts Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    I think I will take it to another dealer if it is not fixed when I get it back.

4. cliftonfts

cliftonfts Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Update . Car been in the shop for 6 consecutive weeks and multiple repair attempts , it's still not fixed.

5. speedycat

speedycat VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    sounds like a lemon law swap or change out cars. must of been built on friday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MikeD1

MikeD1 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just lemon law'ed a '16 Mustang GT - been @ the dealer since 5/24 for drive-train issues. In total, they've had it > 100 days since I took delivery.

Net is - any of these companies can churn out a bummer - keep your receipts & track of the days out-of-service + know your state's lemon law criteria. If it gets to be too much, make 'em buy it back !

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. DodgeMan

DodgeMan Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    That's crazy. Been thinking of the same thing. Only problem I can't really see myself in a Ford, or BMW, Lexus or Audi... :(
    These Dodges are amazing but their quality and build is something they lack. Guess that's why you usually get so much bang for the buck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Coming up on 19,000 miles...all smiles with no issues.

Sounds like it might be time to push on FCA/SRT a little to get it fixed or replaced!