2016 cts v sedan 6.2 ,V8 supercharged

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Thebossaudio, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Thebossaudio

Thebossaudio Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    What does everyone think about the new caddy? Can it beat the hellcat lol..

2. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    For a starting price of around 84,000 they can keep it

3. hellcatrules

hellcatrules Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The short answer is NO ! The Caddy guys would like nothing better than to be able to bolt on a set of drag radials / slicks and run in the high 10's in the 1/4 bone stock like the Hellcat. For them to run into the 10's they basically have to swap out the factory cam , upgrade to larger injectors, change the SC / crank pulleys to up their boost levels as well as change the air intake system and of course get a tune which totally voids any warranty.

The new V3 Caddy is rated at 640 HP which means it will probably be putting out about 550-560 RWHP. Still about 100 HP less than the Hellcat's bone stock numbers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. badash

badash Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The days of swapping out the ecm are long gone.That was a lt1 thing and fox body mustang thing speed density to mass air meter.The GM computer is the most tunable one out. people are making over 1k to the wheels with the stock ecm. I myself made 904RWHP in my vett. to get the new caddy to keep up with the HC it will take a good tune, and a cold air. maybe,and thats a maybe a set on long tubes. I bet it would put that car right next to or a little more than the HC. keep in mind that a good tune on a ZL1 next about 35 RWHP. This car will be no different. Yes it will void the warranty but most people don't care.Just to put some things in perspective. the 13/14 GT 500 gains something like 35 hp with a simple throttle body swap. OH... and that a SVT throttle body that you can buy from ford.LOL they have de tuned these cars to pass emissions with no problem. The HC is pushing the envelope. thats my OP but I think we will see down the line that there will be some emission issues with it. I could be wrong but I don't think I am. Im in no way taking away from this car. I am a mopar guy that has been playing gt500s and vetts because it was ez to make them roll out. But now the game has changed.. Dodge has put out a beast of a car. and I can't wait for mine to show up. plus now that they have cracked the computer its GAME ON!!

And that place is less than 5 min from me, and have tuned many of my cars.The cat will be next:D:D

• Useful Useful x 2
  5. hellcatrules

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Sorry you may be right but I don't think so. I have a buddy with a V2 and he follows the V forums very closely.
    The stock V2 comes stock with power ranging from 450-500 rwhp depending on the dyno and whether the V is auto or manual. Adding a tune , headers , a supercharger pulley and a CAI will only put the car into the 550-570 RWHP range which is NOT nearly enough to allow it to keep up with the HC .

A recent thread on the V forum talked about a guy's V that made 670 RWHP and he was only capable of barely keeping ahead of an HC from a roll race going from 40 MPH TO 110 MPH. These Caddy guys know that if they are to take on an HC they better have at least power in the 650 rwhp range.

If you check out their forums and look at their 1/4 mile charts with the accompanying mods listed that have been done to these V's you will see that 95 % of the V's that are running into the 10's are doing so with an engine that has had the stock cam changed out along with several additional mods. And make no mistake the mods done to make these V's run in the 10's aren't exactly cheap.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  6. badash

badash Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I can agree with the V2 statement. BUT the V3 as stated above has a 640hp rating. So with a tune which will net about 30 hp makes it a contender for the HC. We got to look at the new Z06 for true data. V2 were LS3 offsprings. We are comparing the new LT4. I guess really for me in not a caddy guy, thats why I never bought one. BUT..... I do think the wagon is cool as heck. I do hope that the aftermarket will step up and make some cool stuff for the HC. I would like to see a pully, Tbody,off road pipe,cold air and a E85 tuned cat.. That would be one nasty kitty..

7. 2010redcamaro

2010redcamaro Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    It's actually relatively cheap to run 10s in a cts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 2010redcamaro

2010redcamaro Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    I'm waiting to find a charger hellcat for msrp until then I'm just searching the forums. I currently have a cts v coupe and a jeep srt so I'm no stranger to mods. With injectors a cold air ls7 ported tb and a e85 tune my v ran a 11.2 at 126. That was only 1500 spent

9. hellcatrules

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I should think that all depends on your definition of "cheap" and how it relates to other makes and models.

10. hellcatrules

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

As impressive as that may be you aren't going to beat the HC 10.8 without spending a whole lot more than that. You might not wish to believe it but there's a significant difference $$ wise as to what it takes to run low 11's versus beating the HC's 10.8.

11. hellcatrules

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Although the V3 has a rating of 640 HP that number still is only good for about 550 range in terms of rwhp. As mentioned previously, the V regardless of 2nd or 3rd generation is still going to need about 650 rwhp if it hopes to hang with the HC.
    Have to disagree, but adding a tune to a V3 and gaining "30 hp" isn't going to be enough. IMO, the V3 is going to need in the neighborhood of an additional 100 rwhp over stock to give the HC real cause for concern. And remember when they do those mods to gain that extra power to be a " contender" their warranty goes out the window !

12. Thebossaudio

Thebossaudio Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Cts v is a couple pounds lighter than the hellcat yall think that would help to keep up with the kitty..

13. 2010redcamaro

2010redcamaro Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    I was just using that as a example of what it can run for cheap. I now have upper lower pullies and a catless exhaust running 134mph through the traps. Still stock cam. Judging by the new z06 and the mods already out for it, the v3 will be just as friendly as the v2

14. hellcatrules

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

With a 1.7 blower on the V3 not quite so sure. By comparison the V2 has a 1.9 blower and the HC has a 2.3 !

BTW, with that kind of MPH and a stock cam would have to think you're running some kind of killer amount of boost.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  15. hellcatrules

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

You would think so, but I still feel the HC will put car lengths on that V ( if one wants to consider that keeping up from the V perspective ).