2016 ctsv vs HC

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Mr. Robert Lee Jones, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Mr. Robert Lee Jones

Mr. Robert Lee Jones Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Anyone considering the 2016 ctsv over the HC? I have a charger HC VON but that new v looks pretty sick.

2. Sinurgy

Sinurgy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The new CTS-V is going to be awesome but it's a lot more expensive than a HC so I can't imagine too many people are cross shopping them. I think a more likely scenario would be the ATS-V or the new AMG C63 and C63 S. The latter will be hitting dealers this April, I think the ATS-V is still a couple of months out.

3. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The cts-v is going to be in the mid 80s, and the ats-v which is a 3.6 twin turbo with about 250 hp less then a hellcat starts around 62k...

4. Sinurgy

Sinurgy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    To be fair the ATS-V is said to weigh 800lbs less than a Hellcat which explains it's reported 0-60 at 3.8 seconds despite being at such a seemingly huge HP disadvantage. I think it's fair to say the ATS-V will be far more nimble than a Hellcat but the Hellcat will be much quicker in a straight line! At roughly the same price point of a non-marked up Hellcat, I can see why people would consider them as well.

That said I have no doubt Cadillac dealers are just as shady as Dodge ones so this bad boy will probably get the price gouge treatment as well.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's a nice car,, the ats-v... If I didn't love the should of a V8 and was in the market for a German car,,I would cross shop this..but I'm happy with my hellcat

6. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Both nice cars.... Only you can decide. I like them both but I think the Charger HC has 'more character'. The CTS-V will definitely drain your wallet harder on the initial purchase but then again you might actually be able to get one right away too.

I say buy what you like better!

7. hellcatrules

hellcatrules Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Actually the ATS-V fully loaded including their track pack option is said to be right around $ 80 K ! It's reported to do 0-60 in 3.8 , the 1/4 in 12.2 at around 115 mph and it weighs right at 3700 lbs.

8. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    80 grand, wow, a few grand more and you can get the cts

9. hellcatrules

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Apparently no final price yet on the CTS-V which is expected to go on sale come July/ August but rumors have it in the upper $ 80's .

10. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    After some of the popular options, tax, title, reg, "market pricing", you're going to be near $95-100k out the door on a CTS-V.

Cadillac sales, outside the Escalade, are atrocious right now. They have slipped back into catching up with the competition since changing the lineup to the XTS, ATS, and sliding the CTS into the old STS spot. Pricing on the ATS is ridiculous, particularly the ATS-V coming. Who the hell is going to drop their M3/M4 roots for a lesser car that costs just as much or more??

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. hellcatrules

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Agreed, better have some deep pockets because it will definitely be "bucks deluxe"

• Like Like x 1
  12. MoparProud

MoparProud Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have a hard time with that speculated $80-85k number. 20 g's over the outgoing model? Yikes.

13. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    The ATS-V is approximately $61k base. The MSRP on a 2nd Gen CTS-V by the time it ended last year was nearly mid$70's. Also, the CTS-V is equivalent to a "4-door Z06". An auto Z06 with some goodies is mid $90's and the two cars have generally shared similar pricing outside of the Z07 packaged C6's.

you can bet these will be allocation cars at first and people will be waiting for them as well and there will be ADMs.

IMO, by end of second model year of this car it'll be going for invoice and/or GM Supplier pricing. Just like the new Z06's that in the eyes of anyone who can judge them honestly can say, it's been a disappointment compared to what many thought it was going to be.

14. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    CTS V over a HC?

Hell no... Even if they were the same price point. I like the looks and technology, but they are crazy $.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    drove a 14 cts (new) a month ago----found the interior cheap-----bought a 15 slt sierra and feel the sierra has a nicer interior....i was very unimpressed with cadillac in general....my hc interior is nicer

didnt really like anything about the cts except for the exterior look....the ride was very poor and harsh even in normal mode....i felt like i was in my gt500 in sport mode it made me shake so much.....kids hated it, wife hated it......i tried a buick also and found the ride and interior much nicer for $15k less......Cadillac is not what i thought it was and i dont get all the good reviews it gets.....rather have my HC

love the ats 2 door look though

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015