SRT Hellcat Forum banner

2016 Hellcat charger no armrest in backseat

8K views 40 replies 22 participants last post by  Heavy Metal 
#1 ·
From the pictures it looks like the 2015 had an armrest in the backseat don't know if they removed the armrest for the hk stereo subs just deleted it for 2016

#2 ·
No HK in my car and no armrest in the back of my charger. Pretty weird honestly as it seems to be available on lower trims.

#3 ·
No armrest in the back of my 2016 charger hc. I love the car, but there are some choices Dodge made that make me wonder. So much technology in the car but no power door locks in the back?

#6 ·
2016 SRT 392 here and I have an armrest in the back complete with cupholders and a small storage space.

Can't see why the Hellcats wouldn't get one....

Reactions: Hostage42
#9 ·
I dont think many 4 door cars have power lock buttons in the back. Its not just Chargers

#11 ·
No Sub speakers in the trunk of the Chargers, only Challengers. The speaker arrangement in the Chargers are different.
There is more room to hide them in the Charger. If you look in the trunk of the Charger, there is a giant foam block where the
Sub speaker is in the challenger.
2016 ??

#12 ·
No Sub speakers in the trunk of the Chargers, only Challengers. The speaker arrangement in the Chargers are different.
There is more room to hide them in the Charger. If you look in the trunk of the Charger, there is a giant foam block where the
Sub speaker is in the challenger.
2016 ??
The sub is up in the rear window deck, still in the trunk, but not the tire well.

#15 ·
16 Blackcat I noticed no rear fold down armrest the afternoon I picked up my Charger Jan. 19,2016. The sales staff had no clue as to why not ? At first I thought did I miss something in the ordering process, so I looked at my equipment listing (build sheet) and no rear fold down armrest. I then went on Dodges New Inventory Results and checked Charger Hellcats with interior pictures from around the country. No rear fold down armrest ! Is it a weight savings ? From the Charger SRT 392 on down to the base Charger SE all have the rear fold down armrest. Its funny now because I was pissed off when I first got the car and wondered does anyone else notice this omission. Love my Hellcat and could care less now. Thanks.

#17 ·
True, but the charger has locks that can't be manually pulled up.
My language wasn't very precise, but this is what I was getting at. Most cars have some type of button/lever/mechanism on the door that allows a passenger to unlock their door to get out, many times it is right next to the door handle. I have a 12 year old Nissan Pathfinder and it has this on the rear doors, so does my wife's Honda. I think the last time I had a car that didn't was in the 80s. The HC charger has the "reach over your shoulder and try to pry up the tiny knob" style, circa 1979. Not a huge deal, just surprised me that a car I can track from my cell phone doesn't have something that every car I have had for the last 20+ years had.

#24 ·
Nevermind, my kids said they have been pulling up on the lock if I don't unlock the doors quick enough. The front passenger can unlock the door by pulling the lever as can the driver. Looks like you're stuck in the back seat unless you have small fingers!

#28 ·
Generally in cars where the lock cannot be pulled up easily because it is flush with the window sill when locked, opening the handle mechanically also opens the lock. It's a safety thing. There's no way (outside of flicking a child safety lock setting on inside the door jamb) that backseat passengers could be allowed to be trapped in an emergency, unable to exit the rear doors because they lack both an easy way to pull up the lock button or a button or lever to activate the lock/unlock mechanism.

As for the rear armrest, I noticed it too when I looked at a 2016 Hellcat this weekend. I'd watched that Youtube review and was expecting it and was surprised when I couldn't find it. What a weird feature to delete. Weight savings? Not in a 4400lb car, lol. If they wanted weight savings, they'd do something meaningful, not just delete a functional piece of furniture to save a mere couple pounds.

#30 ·
the armrest thing shocked me.....my wife was sitting in the back seat with our daughter last week and I told her to pull down the armrest and then got annoyed that she couldn't get it down and thought she was just struggling...LOL. Looks like I'm the jerk haha....I'm just going to keep on letting her think that she couldn't get it down and it's in there somewhere.

#32 ·
Ok yall made me look, I saw the videos from the 15 HC as well and just assumed I would have an armrest. Man lets take all the bean counters out and shoot them. still fun to drive and I guess less chance for you to sling a cup on the seats when you floor it. I guess.

#34 ·
I emailed SRT couple days ago and they just called me back, saying 2016 Hellcat Chargers are the only ones that don't have the rear arm rest, they said all the other Chargers have it. They also don't know if the 2017 models will have it or not but said they will announce more details about 2017 models in August or September.

Does anyone here have a 2016 SRT Charger? I'm curious to see if these have the rear arm rest or not.

#35 ·
I emailed SRT couple days ago and they just called me back, saying 2016 Hellcat Chargers are the only ones that don't have the rear arm rest, they said all the other Chargers have it. They also don't know if the 2017 models will have it or not but said they will announce more details about 2017 models in August or September.
Does anyone here have a 2016 SRT Charger? I'm curious to see if these have the rear arm rest or not.
LOL , I just posted , I checked my 2016 Charger Hellcat, see my avatar. No armrest noted in the back seat. Sucks but hey the car is stinking fast and I never sit in the back.

#38 ·
My 300s light up rear armrest laughs at you.

My SRT-4s front power windows, and rear crank windows feel your pain.

Yes, looks like the beancounters have been let off the leash, again. Sigh.

Reactions: GiveEmHell
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.