2016 hellcat interior question

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Nsnprace187, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Nsnprace187

Nsnprace187 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My 2016 challenger hellcat came in today. Leaving to go out of town this weekend, we stopped to see it. Does anyone know if the Laguna leather has suede down the middle? I thought the Laguna seats standard on the 2016 were all leather. My window sticker says both nappa seats in one spot and Laguna in other spot. I thought for the $1700 price hike this year we received all leather seats. Any pics would help too

Thanks

2. redhemi

redhemi Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The pics are of my 2015 Premium Laguna Leather Seats(no suede) 100_1619.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  3. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The Laguna leather (picture above) was an option for '15 but it's now standard in '16. You can order the base seat coves with the suede/alcantara inserts for '16 as a no cost option (downgrade/upgrade whatever you want to call it).

Makes no sense to me but I guess it's nice the buyer has an option.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nsnprace187

Nsnprace187 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

5. Nsnprace187

Nsnprace187 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the info, I guess I'll be complaining to my dealer now. My window sticker says premium Laguna leather and the seats are suede in the middle. Just when I thought this process was finally over. Does anyone have a pic of the 2016 Laguna seats?

Jeff

6. 707 Fc7

707 Fc7 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sepia

Attached Files:

7. SRT_HC_707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If it says both on the window sticker then I don't think there is anything to complain about to SRT. Sounds like the dealer made an ordering error in they spec'ed out the base seat. It is crazy in that the Laguna's are standard now with a hike in the base price yet you can get the other seats at "no cost". It's very odd how Dodge did this for '16.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. SRT_HC_707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The '15 and '16 Laguna seats are the same. The pics are above in this thread.

9. SSGSNAKE

SSGSNAKE Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I ordered my Cat with the suede in the middle I have on my viper and like it a lot. Figured in years to come there will not be many 16 that are option this way.

10. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have the Nappa/Alcantara seats... yeah they are suede and very nice and soft. I myself prefer this over the Laguna which is a shinny more slippery leather. The Laguna is a more expensive leather to use. Guys that track the cars many prefer the Nappa as it holds you better you don't slide around in the seats. The downside, from what I understand is it wears a little quicker. The Laguna IMO over time will get lines an creases from the leather folding on entry and exit. To me its personal preference so take your time and look at both and sit in both. Both leathers are excellent IMO so don't toss the deal without really considering it. The Laguna being standard was a cleaver little sales trick by FCA to help justify the 2016 sales increase.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. theamcguy

theamcguy Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    If you ordered a ruby red interior it only comes with the suede down the middle. Check your window sticker for either ULX9 (black) or ULXC (red) as they are the only 2 codes for the suede NAPPA Leather Performance seats. These are a no cost upgrade over the black and sepia Laguna leather seats both of those codes start with the letter J. If you have the NAPPA leather seats the window sticker will still mention the Laguna leather seats as being part of the standard equipment. In the column with the options it will then show ULX9 or ULXC as being a no cost option.

• Useful Useful x 3
  12. Nsnprace187

Nsnprace187 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks hemi rocket, you gave me another view and it helped calm me down. My dealer ordered it wrong. It's my fault too because I signed off on it. Frustrated because I ordered the call with no options. So I didn't review the order because they said the Laguna was standard. I guess I'm really only mad that the cost is more and I got nothing.

13. ChallCat

ChallCat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'd stay on the dealer if they really jacked up your order. If you decide to accept it as is, maybe a price reduction or a boatload of free oil changes is in order... they ought to do something....

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No problem Nsn... Also, I was also told that the Laguna is more expensive because it costs more to manufacture and produce than the Nappa... there are extra steps or processing to get it shinny and smooth... its not that it is an inferior product. Now I'm not a leather expert but that is what I was told and it sounded logical and made sense to me. Once I was told this I felt very comfortable with the Nappa choice as that is what I preferred. I'm very happy with the Nappa and would go with it again on my next car if it was one of the options.

15. Nsnprace187

Nsnprace187 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What do you guys think

Attached Files: