SRT Hellcat Forum banner

have the 2016 hellcats been plagued with recalls or other issues?

• all responses welcome

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • anyone with info would or feedback welcome

Votes: 0 0.0%

2016 hellcats

27K views 52 replies 29 participants last post by  Himmelkat 
#1 ·
all info welcome on any 2016 known hellcat recalls

#12 ·
I just received a recall on my 2016 Challenger Hellcat a few days ago (Notification R37/NHTSA 15V-444) for the Drivers Side Airbag Inflator Housing which could rupture due to excessive internal pressure Also states that this is more likely to occur if your HC has been exposed to high levels of absolute humidity for extended periods of time.

#26 ·
R37 recall only applies to 2008-2010 challengers and is part of the global Takata airbag recall. maybe you got the notice because, according to FCA's records, you still own the car.

I'd call SRT & give the the last 8 digits of your vin# to see if in fact your vehicle also has the recall? Copy down that notification # & numerical that I posted in my initial post then if your HC is also apart of this recall just call & schedule the repair with your local dealership,good
Luck!!!
you can check for recalls by VIN here >>> Safety Recall Information | MOPAR

#13 ·
Just got mine on the 10th. I'll be watching this thread and will post if and when I have any issues. My 15 was at the dealer more than it was at home. The 16 is way better in the fit and finish department and the electronics are super fast to load and operate compared to the 15.

#21 ·
I'd call SRT & give the the last 8 digits of your vin# to see if in fact your vehicle also has the recall? Copy down that notification # & numerical that I posted in my initial post then if your HC is also apart of this recall just call & schedule the repair with your local dealership,good
Luck!!!

#25 ·
PlumTexasCrazy....I thought that you were making a joke about "all of us getting one" meaning anyone with a 2015 would end up having so many issues that their car would get replaced with a 16 (like mine did) I now see that you were speaking about getting a recall. I'll call my dealer Monday
and ask about the recall. Good info!!! Thanks guys.

Like I said, I'll be watching this post. I also posted a thread about 2016 cars and any known issues. There were a few but not much activity on that
thread for the past week or so. The more information the better.

#38 ·
Just picked mine up. Two things I notice. Loose leather in rear seat. Whine from 45-55 mph from rear differential. Not too bad. But there. It is a problem with the Scat Pack also. Maybe some different oil in the rear?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.