2016 SRT 392 Ordering

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT 392' started by joe3292003, Nov 27, 2015.

1. joe3292003

joe3292003 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    So I went in to the dealership and tried to order a 2016 Charger SRT 392 only to be told that new orders are restricted. Does anyone have an idea of when the order banks will be back open?

2. Q5Dart

Q5Dart Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpg image.jpg
    I ordered a B5 392 Charger the last week of Sept and it was delivered to dealer Wednesday evening Nov 25. Never heard of any restrictions when I ordered.

• Like Like x 2
  3. joe3292003

joe3292003 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    This is what they showed me....how it's highlighted and the key down below says restricted....

Attached Files:

4. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    May want to look into another dealer, don't put all your eggs in one basket..good look getting your car, jazz blue is very nice color

5. joe3292003

joe3292003 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    I've gone to multiple dealers in a 100 mile radius, same story. Kinda sucks because I have never seen a jazz blue SRT8 392 in inventory searching through dodge's website. One dealer told me to come back after the new year, which worries me that my trade in will drop in price.

6. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good point,,, you could always have one shipped, or even go a few hundred miles to get one

7. joe3292003

joe3292003 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    I saw another order on one of the dealers desks for a scat pack, it too was highlighted for the base order. I'm guessing it's the engine or transmission.

8. Trentster

Trentster Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    It may be the back-order on the Hyperblack wheels among other things that may not be available at the moment. We destroyed a wheel on our 2015 Charger SRT 392 and couldn't get a replacement. They are supposedly on back-order until January 2016. My insurance company even tried to help me out by locating a replacement and they couldn't find one either. I ended up buying a full set of black Hellcat wheels off of a new Hellcat Challenger instead.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  9. iya0yas

iya0yas Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There's two charger 392's; black & white at Gastonia CDJR... Ask for Ron, the GSM, and tell him Stephen sent ya... Good luck!!!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  10. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    just find one on a dealer lot and drive/fly and get it

11. joe3292003

joe3292003 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    I live in the PNW. If I am paying 50k+ for a new car, I want the options that I want. I'm in no rush, but I don't want my trade to lose value. And I have a trade-in, so no fly and buy. I haven't even seen a Jazz Blue 392.

12. tleeva

tleeva Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    I'm in the same situation as the OP. However, the sales manager I'm working with told me that sold orders have priority despite the restriction. He confirmed what Intercooler said above; restrictions occur due to shortage of parts, etc. I'm just waiting for him to email the paperwork.

joe3292003 - great color choice. I was set on ordering a Jazz Blue until I saw a Charger SRT 392 in Ivory Tri-Coat Pearl in person. I would have bought it but it sold when I returned to the dealership with my wife and kids for a final test drive. If you haven't already searched this site the poster named FLEX uploaded some pictures of his Jazz Blue Charger SRT 392. Search for the subject "Introducing FLEX and his Jazz Blue 392". Also, if you search the Internet Walnut Creek Chrysler Dodge in CA has pictures of the Jazz Blue Charger SRT 392 they are selling.

13. joe3292003

joe3292003 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    So I have another question, I'm active duty military and live in Washington state. I want to register the car in Florida and I'm being told that since I will be stationed in Washington for more that 90 days, that I will have to pay Washington sales tax, even though I will not be registering it in state. Should I go out of state to purchase? At this point I'm willing to go to Oregon, if anyone knows any good dealers in north Oregon, let me know.

14. RonH

RonH Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    States are real greedy when it comes to collecting sales tax they think is due to them. You will end up paying sales tax to some state -- either the state in which you purchase the car or to the state in which you register/title it. I don't think you'll be able to register the car in a state in which you don't have a physical residence. In your case, you're stationed in Washington and (I assume) Florida is your state of legal residence. You could register the car in either state. I suggest you check with the FL DMV and learn what tax or registration fee is due them if you buy the vehicle outside of FL. The selling dealer should be able to tell you what happens with sales tax if you register the car in another state. I'm thinking this varies from state to state.

When I lived in VA, you paid a 3% sales tax/title registration fee in lieu of sales tax when you purchased a car. If you bought the car out of state, you would be charged the 3% when you titled the car in VA. So they got their money anyway. I bought several vehicles out of state and was not charged sales tax by the selling dealer. However, I had to pay VA the registration fee to title the vehicle there.