SRT Hellcat Forum banner

2017's Hitting the Lots!

9K views 60 replies 34 participants last post by  why2kmax 
#1 · (Edited)
I just saw this one posted on cars.com!

I was very skeptical of the new wheels but they actually look pretty good. Not sure if I like them better but I like them. Also, the new uConnect looks really nice!

Just thought I'd pass this on :)

2017 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat, $71730 - Cars.com | Cars.com

#9 ·
Yeah not a fan of those wheels they definitely don't look as upscale or aggressive as the pre 2017 models. new unconnect looks nice. Guess I'm in the minority with the new badge, doesn't do anything for me, or the new stamping on the seats I'll take my Cat embroidered headrests

#22 ·
Like the 2015-2016 rims, the 2017 base rims work well on some colors, not so much on other colors.

lol @ #armrestgatecontinues. Boggles my mind the beancounters are still in there, chopping stuff out, and the price keeps going up, up, up.

#23 ·
I understand finding weight savings and lowering costs, but wheels can be a make or break thing on a car like this. They can make the car look better or give you that "WTF were they thinking" feeling and make the car LESS desirable. I think FCA accomplished #2 when instead they should be making you want the car more which would help drive sales.

These wheels look cheap on a $40k car,
These wheels look especially cheap on a $70k car.
I like 5 spoke rims, but these wheels dont really go well with either the Charger or Challenger and look more like a Winter wheel from tire rack or a base V6 wheel

FCA didnt go on an overall weight saving mission this year so the $$ they saved by putting these on was NOT worth change for change sake. Either that or the person making the choice drives an AMC Pacer or Prius has poor judgement and no one checked their work.

What they should have done is either kept the same wheels and put 11" 305s on the back and tweaked suspension settings to take advantage if possible, or chosen a much better design

#29 ·
Still no rear seat center arm rest/cup holder? Not a deal breaker, but doesn't make any sense to me.
The 2015's came with center arm rest/cup holders in the Charger, why wouldn't the 2017's have it? I think it is there, you just have to pull down near the top and it will come down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.