3 piece forged wheels - custom made - almost done

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Appearance' started by Doc Fluty, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Doc Fluty

Doc Fluty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Here is a few shots of my new wheels as they are being custom made for my 2015 srt. Step lip with 3" of concave

the last image is the final rendering... the size is 20x9.5 up front and 20x10.5 in the back. Will figure out tire size when the wheels are installed seeing how my car being lowered over 2" changes things.

should be painted and ready to ship monday! im soooo excited

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here is the car they will be going on

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
  2. F6F

F6F BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Cannot see the picture

3. Doc Fluty

Doc Fluty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    the three images of the wheel? or of the car at the end... i know the car got cut off... but did the wheels also?

4. F6F

F6F BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Cannot see them, it happens sometimes. I will try a different computer

5. F6F

F6F BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was able to see one in my email but still not here. Nice looking car and the fastest color

6. Doc Fluty

Doc Fluty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    I edited, the first post... hopefully that fixed it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. petrolero310

petrolero310 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you don't mind, what the price on these?

8. Doc Fluty

Doc Fluty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    well, i got added on items such as polished lips, piano black brushed paint with clear coat and polished hardware that kind of bumped up the price... but I think the final number was just a bit over $9100 shipped

9. White Trash

White Trash BMF Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member HCC National Vice Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It Looks Like some Homemade stuff?
    No even close to professional quality.
    I would be scared of those things coming apart.

WT

10. Doc Fluty

Doc Fluty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    dude, these are raw pieces... the lip hasn't even been cut or polished yet. Was just showing them during the build process for those who might wonder how a 3 piece forged wheel is made.

11. Profezzor X

Profezzor X Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I originally wanted 3pc forged 22's, but they can get pretty pricey. I still might go that route, but as a cheaper alternative, I'm strongly considering a black version of the gold forged monoblock below. It comes in multiple staggered widths and offsets, I like the exposure it'll give the brake calipers, and the curve of the spokes compliments the door body lines on the Charger.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  12. Profezzor X

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Great to see another person doing a custom set of wheels for the Hellcat. I've always wondered just how wide anyone can stuff a wheel in the wheel wells without making any major modifications. I think FCA dropped the ball on that one, or turned a blind eye to public requests for deeper wheel wells, so now we have to get creative with tire & rim combinations and offsets.

As for your wheels, I'd definitely ask if they can do sublime green hardware (rivets) to add a little extra detail. Otherwise, it looks great. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

13. Doc Fluty

Doc Fluty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    I was really wanting 22s, but scared of it rubbing since mines slammed. I was even thinking of going wider than the 9.5 up front and 10.5 out back... but since mines lowered over 2" I didnt want to run into any issues like i did on my last challenger where i rubbed through the fender well.

I would have also loved some 1 piece wheels but you simply cant get the maximum concave with a nice step lip that way. Im getting over 3" of concave with this set up.

My primary goals in getting these wheels were (a) show off the rotors and calipers (b) maximum concave angle (c) black and silver look.

BTW, mine is not a hellcat it is a srt 392. I will be adding a whipple and upping it to a 426 soon... HOWEVER... i keep wondering if i should just save that money and buy a hellcat sometime next year... so im going with the simple black/polished look in case i switch cars in the next 2-3 years, which is what i seemingly am doing the last 8 years or so.

14. Profezzor X

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My 05 Magnum is lowered 2.5 inches and the 22x9.5" wheels don't rub. Of course we're talking different vehicles, but I've never had any rubbing issues for 11 years now. I do bottom out at times, but like all people with lowered cars, I have a work-around process.

I already purchased a set of lowering springs for my 2016 Charger, so it'll definitely be lowered at some point. They're the KW adjustables, so at least I can control the height whenever I want to. But like yourself, my primary goal with the second set of wheels above is to show off the calipers, and make it a lot easier on myself to clean them. I've done a couple of photoshop jobs to see what the wheels would look like on the car, but it didn't turn out exactly how I had envisioned it... At least digitally.

I'm also a fan of the step lip look on 3pc wheels too, but it's hard to find a center hub design that I really like. The stock wheels do their job, but I'm not a fan of the BBS/mesh design. I'm looking for something that compliments the car's body lines and overall design. I'm very particular about what I like, so I'm sure I'll find what I'm looking for when I'm ready.

By the way, how much are you looking at for your rims (tires excluded). Most 3pc forged wheels are usually in the $4-6k range. I'm looking to spend closer to $4k or less if possible.

15. Doc Fluty

Doc Fluty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    There are plenty of people who have run lowered cars with 22s fine. In fact, my last challenger was on those common "viper" 22s that many people have and they never said theirs rubbed... but mine did.. so I dunno.

My car is also already on those KW adjustable springs... I ready had the car one height and went lower to get the right look. I guess if i got the 22s and it rubbed i could have raised it back up... but at his point i know the 20s fit and i guess im good with that.

plus when i bump up to the 426 and whipple in the next few months I think 20s will go more with the "muscle car" look than 22s.

Your right what most well known 3 piece forged wheels start at $1500 (6k) and then once you add painting for each wheel, clear coat, polishing, hardware and going to a 9.5" up front and 10x5" in back and then with shipping it adds up real quick. I was looking at forgeline and they ant $1500 a piece for something basic. With all the options and polishing and painting my set came to $9100 shipped

but i think wheels make or break the car... so its definitely something you want to be unique with and get right.