380 MILES INTO IT!!!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by fflundy, Jan 31, 2015.

1. fflundy

fflundy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I picked up #426 on 12/22, and had to have it trailered the 15 miles home from my dealer, and up my snow and ice filled driveway. The truck driver had a hard time on the hill as it were! I live in Minnesota, so I am used to not driving nice cars in the winter. That said, we have had an unseasonably warm stretch. Above 40 degrees for a week or more, which to us up north, is a heatwave! Roads have been dry, and more importantly, so has my driveway!!!! Bingo!! 3 days later, I've gone from 28 miles to 380 miles!! Every single foot of that was pure heaven!! It is like driving in a dream! Love this car! We are expecting snow tonight, (Wah Wah...), so it is all washed and buffed. It is now covered up in the garage for what I anticipate will be it's long winter's nap!
    I love everything about this vehicle! (Except stereo, not loud enough!) Love listening to it rip throughout the gears! Sounds awesome in ALL modes! I have had it in Eco Mode for most of the break in thus far. I know, makes me feel dirty, but it is easier to hold myself back. This machine kicks ass! no other way to say it, (sorry easily offended!), and I am so glad I bought one! I am very sorry to hear the problems some of you have had getting yours, even VINs and VONs! I can assure you that if you endure, you WILL enjoy!!
    Hang in there, and I will look forward to hearing your Love Stories too! Jim in Minneapolis #426

• Like Like x 2
  2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Glad you happy as a clam;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. fflundy

fflundy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Perfectly stated!!!!

4. CatBurghlr

CatBurghlr Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Awesome. We are done covered in PA too and expecting 7" tomorrow. Makes it tough when the kitty is caged up in my garage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I started mine today...was briefly thinking about a drive, but after I saw all the salt on the road decided not to. Getting 7" +- of the white stuff tonight so I think it will now be spring before he hits the road!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Very cool, my sound is super loud though. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

• Like Like x 1
  7. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Glad you are having fun!

April

• Like Like x 1
  8. Barry M Nimtz

Barry M Nimtz Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Expecting all the white stuff again tonight. Mamas pearl white is roped off at the dealership. Guess it's not nice to tease those that want and those that have, devilish and I love it.

9. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Out of respect for others, you in the North should have deferred your Hellcats to those of us who could drive them in the South this winter. I guess it's water under the bridge, or is it snow on the bridge? :)

10. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Winter can't end soon enough,, another big storm coming in tonight

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Barry M Nimtz

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Truly wish we were out driving but we can wait, drool, tease, listen, enjoy, and think how much enjoyment we'll have once we dig it out. Till then we'll live through your posts.......and thank you. We'll return the favor in the spring.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was practicing on our MN roads last night. Sort of. SW Metro for you Twin Cities friends. Somehow I need to punch through that storm this week and drive my '06 SRT to a friend in NM. I had it out getting gas last night. I have PZero 275/40's on the back but I know the old rear end just spins one of them. I sorta got it to hook once on a major road that did not have much of the white residue showing, it did a nice spin into second gear and then some as I shifted the old NAG manually. It was fun as it feels like it is on steroids in the cold air. I looked over and said, now imagine 50%+ more power but we will have two wheels spinning! I did not get matched excitement from the passenger seat. She has a weak inner ear which sometimes makes her car sick. I don't think she is looking forward to increased G-forces like I am!

FFlundy, I have not got mine yet, but it sounds like an excellent idea to keep the ECO on and continue break-in around here for a while. Real traction is a couple of months and plenty of rain away. But, you guys keep feeding those videos from the south we are taking notes.

13. fflundy

fflundy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    DGatz: I got mine at Hopkins Walser. Did you get yours at Belzer, or Dodge of Burnsville? I heard D of B were allocated 3 first time around. I was also told they had a 50 person waiting list for a Hellcat! PistonPete is also from your neck of the woods, (Lakeville), We will have to get together and admire each other's ride when the evil white stuff goes away for good, (should be sometime in late July) ;)
    I HIGHLY recommend Eco Mode during most of break in, because, if you are like me, you CANNOT be trusted! Still sounds better than any car I have ever heard anyway!
    Great to hear you are heading south! Get out while the getting is good!

14. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    FF I am getting mine through a rural Iowa dealer. Long story, I will tell you about it sometime this spring. Yes, I would like to get together with you guys. I work in Burnsville. The HC is not the daily driver but, it will be a good day each day I need to drive it to work. That snowstorm to the south made me take the rims off the SRT and go get some four season new large meats for the drive south. My friend was going to get some tires so it will all work out and we will feel better going to Iowa tomorrow.

Yes, I am going to use ECO mode and let other more sane people enjoy driving it while I play with the computer. I have broke in a couple of expensive bike motors, yes it is unbelievable hard but sometimes can be trusted with excessive HP. I will really feel ashamed if I break my new toy or its rear end whines or something because of a few minutes of stupidity.

15. Barry M Nimtz

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Do you all go to the all MOPAR show up your way ? Might be a good time to get a bunch together we're from the La Crosse area.