3rd & 4th Allocations ?????

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by cal45, Dec 18, 2014.

1. cal45

cal45 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    RS has stated on this site that Dodge will have a 3rd allocation released in January, and another in February.....which is great news for all of us waiting in allocation jail if it actually happens....but spoke with my dealer tonight and he says his Rep still knows nothing of this and nothing of the 15 model year being extended to Sept.

Why can't we get accurate info from the company? I have an order with my dealer since Oct, in BX status, waiting for Dodge to grant permission to my dealer to submit it. The company should know by now how many they can produce, how many customer orders (NOT DEALER INVENTORY ORDERS) are in, and be able to supply the customer with timeframes.

This rant is courtesy of me actually seeing, sitting in, and hearing the engine in person for the first time tonight. :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I know the feeling...of seeing...hearing...and sitting in one (even riding along in a drag race with another Hellcat (against my girlfriend) in person. It does make the fever tick up a few degrees. But RS has not ever steered us wrong. Everything he's said has been spot-on. Here's my current interpretation. Dodge is doing 4 allocations..to grease their biggest dealers, That will be over with in mid-March and actual 'sold orders' will begin to get built. Hope I got in line early enough to get a 2015, if not I will get a 2016, maybe with extra options (colors and sunroof).

3. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I decided to chill a bit about this allocation BS, but everytime sombody comes out with their frustration, it makes my blood boil again. Ordered 9/25. They have my money, granted only $1000, but MY hard earned money. Does Chrysler not know about the way they are f#+*ing people over by picking and chosing arbitrarily the orders they decide to build, regardless of who's turn it should be? Are they making a concious decision as to who they are chosing? They are doing all of this without giving a damn or feeling responsible for an explanation. Has anyone heard anything from the PR or Marketing divisions explaining or apologizing for this SNAFU? The longer I go without a VIN, the more I believe I won't get one. They can market and promote the car, but can't figure a way to get into the hands of loyal and paying customers. And it's not even that! How about an explanation, or a "thanks for your patience, we will take care of our loyal customers". Not a peep! You can't tell me they don't see this forum or are aware of their problems with production and PR, face it people, they just don't give a shit about you! I am truly happy for all you that have taken posession of your new Cats, but they don't give a shit about you either. To top it off the liason between the corporation and it's customers is a pile of unscrupulous dealers. And to think, we all bailed their asses out! Unbelievable!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. AnEarthMonkey

AnEarthMonkey Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    well said........

5. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    true dat B!

6. cal45

cal45 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This morning I received one of Dodge's mass e-mailing for their end of year sale. Not sure if it will do any good or not, but I responded back telling them they have had my order (included dealer name and VON #) for a 2015 Hellcat Challenger since 10/22/14 and to please fill my order. ;)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  7. StellasHC

StellasHC Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Last night I Talked to the GM of a bigger dealer here in Wisconsin. He told me that he talked to the "production planner" for the Hellcat. This "planner" told him that next round of allocations will be in March. I tried to argue that, saying I had heard January from a pretty reliable source. The GM said "absolutely not" that it was "definitely" March that was told to these dealers in their conference call...

That better not be true... If the next round of allocations is not released in January, Im out...

8. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I trust our source on here, he has been spot on with his information.. Not so much with dealers, my local dealership said it will be 2+ years for me to receive a Hellcat.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Fire Frog

Fire Frog Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I pulled my order. Tired of the stress and Dodge or the dealers knowing nothing. My stress level just plummeted because of this. Dodge really missed the ball here. Don't think I will ever go Mopar again.

10. StellasHC

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I agree.. Just depressing the way this car has been rolled out.. Lets keep our fingers crossed for January...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Chris

Chris Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I agree. I have an order placed with one dealer waiting on allocation and im number 2 at another. Now if they dont get anymore allocations until march, im definately out but i see that as far fetched because these dealers have no clue whats going on. Im praying for a january allocation. For this to be a "regular production" car, dodge is sure treating it like a limited production.

12. StellasHC

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

They are milking the hype for all its worth... Problem is, it may be working now, but what happens in a couple months when GM starts talking about the 6th gen Camaro, or the GT 350 sees a little more coverage? People are going to be tired of being d*#ked around by Dodge and will drop their "no hope" orders in a heartbeat for something that is the latest and greatest, and more attainable at that...

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    sorry to see ya go but cant say i blame you

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am really sorry it didn't work out. :( Whatever you decide to do, I hope you enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shasta's Dad

Shasta's Dad Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is starting to get maybe a little crazy. I haven't talked to my dealer in 6 weeks, or so. He said I would get mine in the first quarter of next year, which was fine with me. If that doesn't happen, I'll get my 5K back. My Magnum is already supercharged, and, I can add a little to the 5K and beat a stock Hellcat in the quarter - for a lot less than 62K.:D