500 Horsepower Mode . . . . .

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Racing Forum' started by dragrcr, Jun 3, 2016.

1. dragrcr

dragrcr Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I really had a hard time doing this, because I like to lay down a pass EVERY time I go down the track. But, I finally had the right circumstances. So there was this Guy that is a track friend with a classic 65 Mustang with a nice little small block and he was talking smack since we happened to be paired up for our first run. So I told him I would bet him a Pepsi and I would put the car in 500 HP mode. I still smoked him. Gulp Gulp Gulp. AAHHhhhhhhhhh.

Anyhow the car ran EXACTLY what I think it should have. Very surprised by that. One interesting thing is when I put it to the 500 HP mode it defaulted the Transmission to Street for some reason. When I returned it to 700 HP it put it back in Track Transmission mode all by it's self. Car dead hooked and ran smooth with fast smooth shifts and no apparent studder.

It was 93 degrees outside so terrible DA and it ran a 7.73 at 91.01 with a 1.735 sixty foot in the 1/8th mile. For comparison my 2015 SRT 392 A8 that was pretty much dialed in would have run approximately a 7.85 at 89-90ish with a 1.75 sixty foot.

I absolutely think it would be a gas bracket racing in this mode. The car was so smooth and predictable. Not sure how consistent it would be but maybe someday I will race it like that..............

But for now, it's 700 HP ! I am having too much fun.

LOL

. IMG_8189rs.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. PlumTexasCrazy

PlumTexasCrazy HELLCAT LIFE MEMBER Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm a newbie drag racer, I got bug!!

3. 762CAT

762CAT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sweet photo...what kind of rims are those and what DR's you using? Also I know what its there for but is that PURPLE painters tape? Where did you find such a thing???

4. Senderofan

Senderofan Track in, Apex, Track out and Repeat! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Shurtape CP-28 30-Day Purple Painters Tape at FindTape.com

Shurtape CP-28 Acrylic 30-Day Painters Tape, 25 lbs/in Tensile Strength, 60 yd Length, Purple: Painters Masking Tape: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

http://www.target.com/p/scotch-wash...gclid=CM3yuZudnM0CFQYIaQodKpwIdg&gclsrc=aw.ds

5. paul suloff

paul suloff Silver Member

I put a new tune in my car and it defaulted my custom tune back to 500HP and I didn't realize it. Made a pass and it ran 11.73. It wasn't until I got home that I realized what happened. I thought I screwed something up.

6. dragrcr

dragrcr Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Those are the expensive Forgeline drop forged Monoblock wheels. 20X8.5 in the front and 18X10.5 in the back. That tire on the car is a little shorter than the one I use now. That was a 305/40R18 Mickey Thompson ET Street S/S. I now have 305/45R18 ET Street "R" and they work a little better. Actually they are the best Drag Radial you can get but are for serious track use. I have driven 140 miles each way to Famoso on them without any issues. I am also getting way more passes out of the "R"s because they do not need as much burnout and I think the rubber is more durable/less greasy/less gummy (although the chart shows the same compound).

That purple tape sucks. It has a crepe paper base and it does not stick worth a damn. But I bought a bunch of it so I will suffer through till it's gone. I will go with the better blue painters tape after that. 3" so it will be a little more convenient. It'shard to tell but I actually have black tape at the bottom to match and it goes all the way down.

FORGELINE GA1R Open Lug Cap on a Hellcat

. LAUNCH CROP.jpg

7. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You can simply put it in valet mode by using SRT pages or use the black key

Great job at the track and thank you for sharing