.600 Lift Cam Advice on 15' SRT 392

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT 392' started by Terian645, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Terian645

Terian645 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Hello Guys,

I am in the process of adding a few performance parts to my 2015 Charger SRT 392. As of right now, I have a R2C CAI, Reso/Muffler Delete, and a 84mm TB. I am really considering a .600 Lift Custom Grind Cam, along with the supporting parts. Also, I plan to utilize an LSA, Stall Converter, and Torque Converter.

My question is in regards to the 392 and if the stock heads can handle that type of cam with the upgrading springs, rods, gaskets, etc? Is any one here familiar with a large cam like this? Pro and cons?

At this point, I am not too concerned with overall power, but more so presence and exclusivity (have seen any late models with this setup). I am going this route because I really want something unique, one of kind, and a setup that sounds even more beastly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated![​IMG]

http://postimg.org/image/is4uuz3wb/

2. Terian645

Terian645 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Whats going on guys? I was able to get the install done and tuned properly. Took about 3 weeks before it was completely finished

I have posted the before and after video below. I tried looking for the dyno sheet to post but I have no idea where it is. My wife probably placed somewhere. Also, disregard one video having my license plate blocked and the other not having it lol. I just finally said 'screw it'. But the dyno sheet after tuning read 477 rwhp/464 lb ft. They ran a baseline but I didn't ask for a sheet nor did they place it on the final number graph. They told me the base line was 424 rwhp (R2C CAI + reso/muffler delete) and I forgot the torque. These numbers are from a dynojet as well.

https://youtu.be/w8jij0bflgk

3. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That sounds great! Let us know how drivability is around town and on the highway, as well as the impact on fuel economy.

4. Terian645

Terian645 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    The drivability around town is actually pretty docile. Fuel economy definitely suffers, but MOPAR is life so I don't mind lol. No drone with the straight pipes either. In WOT this thing screams and pulls like there is no limit. I had a C7 with the same setup about 4 months ago and I honestly can say it is on par in terms of straight line performance. I loved my C7 but with me being 6'6 it got crowded and plus EVERYONE has one here in Texas. Also, nothing sounds like a 6.4 392. I was amazed at the acceleration for such a heavy car stock, but now it is just unbelieveable. The lope is pretty healthy as well. I will be posting some new videos soon!

5. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    nice!!!

6. hasham11

hasham11 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Man that sound is amazing!!

7. Terian645

Terian645 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Thanks Guys!!!!

8. Misterdhdt

Misterdhdt Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    What cam did you go with. Also what work was done to the heads.
    Do you have the build sheet available.