60ft times and launch help

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by hellbound, Dec 5, 2015.

1. hellbound

hellbound BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    need some help with the 60ft time and launching.... Its mostly me i know but i still just trying things out so dont know what is working and what wasnt.... Was either lug or spin coulndt find the medium... I know u gotta roll into it but i feel like im sleeping at the green light...scriest track ever been to... But that was fun too.. Like being in a alley with a huge hill at the finish line... And i mean it is the finish... Nothing like driving straight at a mountain at 90mph no brakes needed image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. 1949chopper

1949chopper NC STATE PRESIDENT Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes you do. A8 or M6 ?

3. hellbound

hellbound BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    M6

4. hellbound

hellbound BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    First time at track in 15 years.... Up 400 hp over anything ive drivin in 15 years... Used to the need to go fast you mash it....funny how it all goes out the window when u pullnup to the line... I absolutly forgot everything i learned about the car the first month of road driving.... I finally jad to just leave the line as easy as i could Like i was driving on the street... My second run went...hold at 2500 dropped the clutch and mattdd. Traxtion control fully disabled...Well u know how this went...i just stayed in it and had fun with that run... It was a handfull the whole way down.... Speed wasnt bad but time sucked... Then with comp aid.... I could tell the comp was limiting my performnace... Whats the launch secret

5. 1949chopper

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've made 20 or so passes with mine and was call over the place trying different setups. From that I've determined to put traction control all the way off. Street suspension and you gotta drive it old school. My last car at track was a 98 formula with 400 HP way easier to launch. These cats not so much. Drag radials will help a bunch. But I haven't been back to track since I got em. Pm me your number if you want to chat. A little easier to explain on phone

6. hellbound

hellbound BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Will do brother....old-school was more fun anyway,nothing but good old boy style driving, Seat up straight up...on the wheel Hammer down..nowdon't know what all this computerized BS is all about... Racing for dummies perhaps.. Send # later on out washing up from yesterday...m6 or die...

7. Trash

Trash Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Trickiest part is simply finding how much power the stock tires will take, and they will only take so much. You have to find that fine line between slipping the clutch, feeding throttle, not bogging and not hazing the clutch.

You will likely have to find an rpm to hold which will allow the quickest clutch release yet not blow the tires off, hold that throttle and then roll into it. I usually prefer the nannies off to eliminate other factors. In addition I prefer to use factory tires, adjusting tire pressure to within reason and continuously work for the best 60' possible. Once that is done THEN I would try DRs etc.

8. hellbound

hellbound BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So i went and found a good stretch of road off in a corn field with no intersections or houses and spent hour or two just running 0-60 and thru 2nd gear juat shy of a 1/8 started to get doen under 5 finally not consistantly but a few runs....seemed anything over 2000 or so would need to much clutch or bog out.... 1750 seemed to be where i was most comfortable with pedal speed and roll on....my best time however was straight off idol... Was all luck but the timing was perfect between the 2 peddles zero bog zery min wheel spin untill 4500+ so just laid in 2nd amd full roll on.... Got me a 4.7... Zero nanny input.... 49chopper said go old school so i spent all day no nanny on board.... Seems like almost a red light launch with zero to little rpm at launch and all timeing in the peddles.... Proof driver can be far better than the nanny.... even if he isnt the best driver...M6 has less nanny than the computer contolled a8 we just gotta lesrn this monster.... Tjx for your inpit ill keep updating on the image.jpg progress hope the snow dont fly to soon...o check the temp reading 34 outside so pavment was ice cold

• Like Like x 1
  9. 1949chopper

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You did good. I wasted so much time trying to figure out launch control and other do dads. Now its just practice and tire pressure. But the drs will speed up that process

10. Trash

Trash Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't jump to DRs too quickly. You will have a much better understanding working with and dialing in with stock tires to get a solid baseline. THEN go to one modification (i.e. DRs).

I've seen too many people at the track with all sorts of mod's and they have NO idea if it was any improvement over stock because they had no baseline data.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 1949chopper

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Trash. As I agree with you. The stock tires are pretty useless. World of difference with drs.

12. 1949chopper

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was in same boat with my best being a 8.2. On way home from getting drs on I did a 7.8 my first try. With no burnout. Got home and noticed my tire pressure was at 42 psi.

13. hellbound

hellbound BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank u both for all your input..... That was the logic i assumed 49 chopper used.... Learn the car,learn the power learn the tires etc....once u can manage the power to ground thru the all season tire then work up frim there...i also figured the cold temps would help me use more of principles at the peddles.... These guys in the a8 are cheaters if u ask me.... Cant beat the slap in the face.this cat begs for with all the nannies off.i think she likes it.. thank both will keep u posted as to the progress.... I do have some speed logix trailing arms comming today to help with the wheel hop.... But i think same applies.... Learn how to get results around the hop then fix it.... But dont break it learning!!!! Thanks again my brothers...

14. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hellbound, were you using the summer tires and it was in the thirties? They don't seriously work much at all below 60 degrees for what you are trying. Not to mention in the 30's who knows due to the low D/A you could have pushing 750-800hp and more torque than you may want to think about.

I know the A8 will spin tires at any legal speed WOT below 50 degrees. Matter of fact they easily spin up at speeds well above what most people even consider to be insane to attempt.

You may have done a great job with those times you posted.

15. iTwitchHC

iTwitchHC Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Im interested as well, Took mine to the track yesterday for the first time, M6 2.175 60 ft, 8.23 in the 1/8 at 91.89 I was in track mode, and left at around 2k i think, no spin.