7 Years Of Misaligned Taillights, Dodge Still Doesn't Fix It?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by CubeMan, Feb 7, 2015.

1. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I noticed in a few hellcat videos the tail lights are still misaligned. For those who have owned 2008 to 2014's this was a common problem. The left or right ones were mis aligned and can be easily fixed by removing the trunk liner and unscrewing then rescewiing it carefully after you fix the alignment. But the center peice becomes really annoying as there is no way to adjust it and is normally the part that you sync the other two peices too and sometimes you end up with crooked ones no matter what you do.

Well, 2015 and it's still an issue... At first i thought this was a one-off and the adjustors on his trunk lid are bottomed making the trunk lower, But then you can see the lines match up perfectly with the rear fenders. So then i took a look at two dealerships lots, and some of them are PERFECT, but the others suffer from the same issue.

come on dodge, 7 years and you can't get it right?

Edit: I know when i get mine, It won't be acceptable. Having to tear into my trunk liner of my 08' Challenger was dumb.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Is what it is. Sucks

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. powerpuss

powerpuss Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I noticed this problem on my 2015 Challenger Hellcat. The far right tailight does not line up with the center taillight attached to the trunk lid. I was a bit surprised given how much we are paying for these cars. However, I'm also relieved that it only requires minor adjustment because I feared it was indicative of a much larger problem! Hopefully it doesn't involve major surgery. Next time I'm at the dealership, I'll ask them if they can adjust it.

4. White Trash

White Trash BMF Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member HCC National Vice Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Cube Man do even own a Hellcat?
    If you do look at your own before talking NOISE.
    I have 2 Hellcats and 1 SRT. All of them are fine NP.

WT

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. HellTORREDcat

HellTORREDcat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My tai lights and deck lid were somewhat out of alignment . I actually realigned this stuff to find the happiest medium. My 2015 R/T fit great though.

6. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I own a hellcat challenger and multiple srt's lol.

7. hellzya

hellzya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've seen more then a few pictures of misaligned lights like you posted. It bothers me to no end I will point mine out on delivery if needed.

8. Nitemare

Nitemare Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    My lights were off. It has been adjusted to be almost perfect, except now the left side of the trunk decklid sits a bit "in" and isn't perfectly flush with the lights attached to the body.

9. MikeD1

MikeD1 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've noticed it on Chally's on the lots, hood fit seems to be an issue as well. Some seem pretty good, others seem way off.
    Last Chrysler product I bought new (was a long time ago) they had to realign the front fenders & doors prior to delivery.
    Guess, like buying a new house, you need to make a punch out list prior to delivery and make them fix all the stuff that got by QC.

10. Dances With Empties

Dances With Empties Gold Member

Where rednecks are nervous of hillbillies
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Fit & finish of theses cars is on par with Mopar... My tail lights are slightly out of alignment as well... As well as as other body panels... The Dodge legacy continues. Look at the roof line head on, just above the windshield; check out the door/ window alignment; & paint quality (look at the bottom side of doors & mirrors& front & back clips etc.). There's a cross eyed mutant at every factory Chrysler owns. Their in charge of quality & have been there a 100 plus years! Hell find a Mopar that's straight & I'll guaranty it's a restoration...

A true factory car is out of shape & orange peeled. My dodge trucks were all the same way when it came to body fit & is easier to pick out the more you own... Better the devil you know...;)

I love my H/C so far, but it doesn't come without flaws. Think of them as battle scars of an old tomcat... A 70k plus, new/ old tomcat...:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. ljaviation

ljaviation Self proclaimed Banned, Because I can.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My hood was low in the LH front and and RH tail lamp was off. Fixed the hood with 2 minor adjustments. Tail lamp required removal of the tail lamp, a Dremel to slightly elongate the holes to bring it up to the trunklid lights. There is an alignment plastic pin on the tail lamp that goes into it's hole, but the other holes, were about 4mm off. I couldn't adjust it out without a small enlongation. Before reassembly primer and paint was reapplied with a small brush so there wouldn't be a corrsoin issues down the road.I assume during the welding process of the rear tail light panel, they are not jigged just right. Not a big deal in my book, Noticed in in PDI when the car arrived. Took it into my own hands. Small repairs in such a mass produced car IMHO.

L J

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bandit

Bandit Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Never seen a Challenger that had good alignment between the panels. Where can i find the info to align mine? Hated it on my '10 SRT8, hate it on my Hellcat too. Really cheapens the car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dances With Empties

Dances With Empties Gold Member

Where rednecks are nervous of hillbillies
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Checked my tail light alignment issue yesterday, among a few other slight issues at the dealer. Part of the problem with that is the trunk hinge being lower on one side & the trunk bumper turn up on the other side.
    Hopefully their body shop can massage this & couple of other things into shape. I don't think it will be a big issue. I'll keep you guys posted.....

• Like Like x 1
  14. ricNtams

ricNtams Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think in today's times we should have better fit and finish on a new car, regardless of what it is. Our Hellcat is no exception. I tell myself it's still a Challenger in the end. I'm just glad I can afford and own one of these and if it means it has some wonky fitting bits - then it is what it is. :)

I'm always more concerned with door dings and other nonsense.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's pretty common issue, body shop manager, body tech, sales guy, all showed a bunch of challengers of all models brand new from factory on their lot with uneven or misaligned rear tail lights, head lights, hoods, etc. mine was no exception except that I made them re-adjust all of mine.