9 second cat

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Barry, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Barry

Barry Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ever since I ordered my Hellcat all I think about is how I'm going to get it in the 9's. Planning on getting it there before race season starts next year. Not going to be easy to meet NHRA rules to be able to bracket race it. I have been looking at the rule book, I know for sure I'm going to need a roll cage, probably have to change the drivers seat, 5 point harness and transmission sheild. Might need safety loops for the half shafts. Is anybody else out there as crazy as me to do all these modifications? I would to share ideas about lightening up the car and what ever else its going to take to get this baby in the 9's.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber seats, carbon fiber roll cage and if you carbon fiber the chassis it would probably lose 1500lbs. Just some thoughts. Or fiber glass the outer parts and wrap it in a strong mold I forgot what they call it on the super cars when they're built. If I had the extra money I would go all the way to make the hellcat a super car to compete in exotics world. :D

3. Barry

Barry Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for your ideas, I am going to make the 9 second thing happen. Do you have any mods planned for your cat?

4. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No prob, I'll leave it stock for a while at least while under factory warranty. Once it is out of warranty then I plan to change the rear tires and rims to something wider for traction. I'll be dropping a bass box in the trunk so the ride can get a little more weight to get near the charger hellcat 0-60mph times, more weight more traction way I see it

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Barry

Barry Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ok, my phantom black brother.....I'm a former texan myself...born in Pasadena...just down the road from where Gilley's was

• Like Like x 1
  6. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Cool Barry where are you at now black phantom bro? Don't you miss Houston?

7. Barry

Barry Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    hahaha...funny story about Houston...me and all my brothers and my oldest sister were born in the Houston area.. we moved to Jacksonville Florida in 1962...my youngest sister was born in Jacksonville..all my brothers and my youngest sister moved back to the Houston area in the early 80's...all of us brothers that were born in Texas moved back to Florida and my sister that was born in Florida is the only that stayed in Texas..she is still there in Magnolia..yeah of course I miss it but I really love it here in Jacksonville

8. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Haha wow a long family history. magnolia is a bit way out there lol
    So are you the only one getting the hellcat in your family? Man I feel so young when you said 1962 LOL

9. Barry

Barry Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for making me feel old hahahahaha....I was just doing my math..I used to street race on Rankin Rd. in Houston in 1982....you were 2 years old....do they still race there?

10. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hahahaha sorry don't meant to make you feel old! Well I used to drive on rankin rd back in 1999 and it's changed a lot when I was driving to and from a client. As far as street racing there, it's quite possible especially after dark hours of the night like they did on Brittmoore Park Drive after 11pm back in early 2000s. What did you race with back then if you don't mind my asking?

11. Barry

Barry Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i don't mind at all...one of my favorite cars ever...'73 Duster...bought her with a 318 3 speed peg leg (no posi rear probably 2:73 or something) installed a 340 built by conrad racing engines in Houston, 4 speed with an 8 and 3/4 3:91 posi....loved that car miss it bad. racing was cheap back then...$5 of ethyl , a $2 six back of red white and blue beer or what ever was on sell, pretty girl, best Saturday night ever......good times!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Oh man that's so cool!! That's pretty hardcore lol love the specs, the ride, the ladies and the drinks setup!! Yeah times have gotten more expensive these days. I bet you had some pics of that bad boy back then ha!

13. Barry

Barry Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    oh yeah, i have too dig out the old school pics.....no p/c's back then....would love to share...I am a over the road truck driver....be home tomorrow after 3 months on the road..looking forward to seeing them myself and posting...along with my super gas Daytona...357 Gary Johns engine..2 speed powerglide...9 inch ford rear, 610 horsepower thought that was alot until now.

14. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Holy wow, yeah you gotta bust out that old album pics and get them uploaded, can't wait to see!

15. Barry

Barry Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    me too.....only pic I have on my phone that is cool is my 06 cvo fatboy....now I'm conflicted..should I use the Duster or Daytona as my avatar?