948 Miles check engine light comes on

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Frehley6986, May 30, 2015.

1. Frehley6986

Frehley6986 Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Today while driving at approximately 60mph the check engine light binged and remained lit up. I called my salesman and he checked with service. He said bring it right up and they will scan it. The first scan they tried on a iPad wouldn't register the car. So I pulled it into the shop and they were able to use the main system.
    Mechanic stated it was the O2 sensor and something do to with the car not operating up to temperature.
    I was not in traffic as I hung back well away from the cars I couldn't scream past. There was a nice heavy breeze. Their advice / statement was you need to run it harder. :D

So i'm guessing maybe the thermostat is hanging open and not letting it maintain the temperature. I'll have to keep track of it.

Wonder if anyone else had this happen. If not it's food for thought.

2. fnkychkn

fnkychkn swollen member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    if it happens again, please get codes and post them here. descriptions are too vague.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That description from the tech seems a bit fishy. You should be able to cruise along at 30 mph in 30 degree weather and the car will warm up to normal operating temperature without a check engine light.
    My guess it's something to do with the O2 sensor he mentioned, so it'll probably happen again, and yes I'd get codes from them next time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nycsrt

Nycsrt BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think that tech is from Russia ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1