a air filter system that flows better then stock cat?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by toplescuda, Dec 14, 2015.

1. toplescuda

toplescuda Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Is there a setup thats been proven to allow more air to the blower on our hellcats? Just change filter? Filter and box? Mod the factory box? And how much gain?? Thanks in advance

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Save your money, the stock OEM unit may not look like much but no aftermarket CAI has beaten it yet....
    TC

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Search "CAI," "Bwoody" and "AFE". You will find all you want to know.

4. Teo

Teo Judge Yooper

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

TC is absolutely CORRECT! Been there - Done that on (3) three prior SRT's. Plenty of boat anchors sitting on my parts shelf! :mad: Now on my 15 Hellcat, I have been back and forth with just a simple K&N drop-in vs OEM paper! It does sound just a wee bit better than a stock paper, but have not yet got to the dyno to really prove that out yet. It does seem to pull harder with a OEM paper filter though!:eek:

5. Debadged

Debadged Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    TC is correct on his advice I took out the stock filter and ran without one and gained 1/10th. So what I did to prevent any small particles from entering the engine I took a standard paper filter and cut out all of the paper element and was left with just the mesh. Then I glued in a piece of aluminum screening below the mesh to prevent any small particles from passing through. Works great.