A Call from SRT

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by GoodCaptain, Feb 26, 2016.

1. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I put my order in for a 2016 Charger Hellcat a month ago and was given a VON. Though I'm in no rush for the car (I'm in NY and it's cold), I gave SRT a call 10 days ago to ask them when I might see a VIN and finally the car.

They called me yesterday to say that my "dealer's allocation is now active and a VIN is a week or two away at most."

Typical build time is 8 weeks, but it can go to 10 and 6 weeks can also happen. That's all good with me and I really don't want to car until May, so perfect.

I'm pleased that SRT would bother to call a customer and update on the order.

My order is a 2016 Charger HC, pitch-black, ruby-red, red seat belts and NO HK stereo. I paid a few bucks below MSRP.

Cheers,

Robert

• Like Like x 3
  2. Shasta's Dad

Shasta's Dad Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds like really good timing - congrats.:D

3. sgoyal

sgoyal Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    NO HK stereo? I thought there was no option to delete? May be in charger hellcat

4. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Giid things are happening for you. I hope your car comes soon. I ordered my car in Jan and went to d1 a week ago. I have never received a call from SRT for any updates. That is nice that they did that, I work at a dealer so maybe that's why hey don't bother call or email me. Good luck regardless and I hope you enjoy your ride. Congrats on below msrp that in itself is a feat that most never do!!!!!

5. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I think they called me because I had initiated the contact a couple of weeks ago.

I was allowed the delete the HK in the Charger, but it's standard in the Challenger I believe. I did not like the HK in my SRT 392 and ended up replacing. I recently heard the stock system with a 600 dollar sub added and it sounded better to me than the HK.

I had some last minute thoughts of switching to summer tires, but I'll play it safe and stay with the 3 seasons for now.

Robert

6. Senderofan

Senderofan Track in, Apex, Track out and Repeat! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hmmmm that was standard on my 2016...along with Nav. Maybe this is an equivalent to a "COPO" car?

O.K. I see it's a Charger....Mine's a Challenger.

7. 16SRT

16SRT VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Details on that system with $600 sub, if you know any. I also did not bother with the HK system, which didn't really impress me for the price. Figured I could do better for less

8. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I apologize that I misspoke. Someone called me from SRT when I emailed the CEO/pres of Chrysler. The guy in charge of SRT called me on a Saturday morning at 8am to explain Chrysler EP pricing is not available for SRT models since I am a employee of dealer. Msrp is up to the desler were his exact words and I may add that he was a nice guy

9. Senderofan

Senderofan Track in, Apex, Track out and Repeat! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My wife's 2015 GC Summit has this system as well as our Cat. For what they charge.....I'm not impressed at all. I can't seem to get my wife's system to get balanced and the volume changes constantly. We haven't driven the Cat.....but assume things haven't improved much. For $2K....we could have a rocking system...or at least the start of one.

10. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I don't know much about the sub I heard. In my 392 I had gone with a JL audio 12" sub with a 300 watt amp and it was thunderous. It was controlled with a separate volume control under my dash.

I plan to do the same thing, but go with a smaller sub this time. If I'm still not happy I will add better rear shelf speakers and another amp. That will bias the sound to the rear somewhat, but that's fine so long as it doesn't sound like the HK system. Drop in better quality replacement for the dash speakers are available via Infinity.

The problem with the HK system is that the doors get bass speakers and the 3.5 midrange tweeters fire into the windshield. The sound is harsh and there's no proper crossover that can match the smaller speakers to the doors.

Robert

11. Senderofan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Robert:
    I think in the long run......you'll be more satisfied by building your own system. I'm an old guy...I enjoy my tunes...but the music from the engine and exhaust are what get me going. I'm still disappointed by the system when I drive/ride in the Summit. That has a minimal exhaust note....so tunes quickly become important.

12. Obiefox

Obiefox Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My money is on you seeing your car long before 8 weeks. I placed my order and received my car in under 30 days in December.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 16SRT

16SRT VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    I ordered mine Jan.30, then changed the order Feb.2 (color), and it's already in transit to me. I bet I'll see it Monday.

• Like Like x 1
  14. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Well...I'm in no hurry! Weather still sucks here.

Robert

15. 16SRT

16SRT VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Weird... another gorgeous weekend forecast, here. We're not that far apart.

These cars don't mind cold... they even have heated seats and wheels. ;)