A dilemma

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by SteveLose, Oct 4, 2014.

1. SteveLose

SteveLose Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    To increase my chances of getting 1, I ordered 2. From 2 different dealers. Both orders got picked up by Dodge and are now both being built. Now what do I do...?

2. william

william Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    sell me one of them. on 8/4 I gave my dealer a 1000.00 dollar deposit. I was first on that dealerships list. then on 9/9 when the order banks opened I was at the dealership at 8 am placed my order and was told then that I was third on the list. I got bumped by lager deposits. I gave them what they asked for. long story made short.... none of the three cars ordered got picked up. they said just wait until the next round. but im losing patience with these knuckle heads. tell your dealer i'll buy the one you don't want. no bull e mail me at crook57@yahoo.com

• Like Like x 2
  3. paul suloff

paul suloff Silver Member

Sell one to a board member, or have a benefit raffle!! That other dealer isn't going to loose any sleep!! Pick the first one that shows up.

4. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Makes an AMAZING Christmas gift.:D If you know they are both being built, I would decide which dealer you have the best relationship with and/or where you plan on having service done. I believe in loyalty to people who treat you well. I would let the other dealer know so they can offer it to the next in line. I am sure they will have no problem selling it but I would be fair and give them notice. That is just me, not a formal opinion of this forum or anything like that. If you have checked the VOTS and know for sure they are being started.:) Congrats! Again, great news!

• Like Like x 1
  5. paul suloff

paul suloff Silver Member

If you got two in your name I can only image the phony orders dealer have put in for stock. Must not have any audit of orders as promised.

6. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My dealer ordered 2. One had my name on it and the other was blank because it was his dealer order so, I think they can have their allotment whether they have a buyer or not. If these weren't in such high demand, it would be rough on dealers because they would be stuck with these cars,but that is definitely not the case. I just want to see all the jerk off dealers that charged large $$$ over MSRP to get stuck!:p

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Keep both ! I can't get mine order picked up .

• Like Like x 2
  8. SteveLose

SteveLose Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just checked this morning, one of them is in paint and the other in final inspection. So in either case I will get one of them pretty soon. I was considering buying the 2nd one and reselling it to maybe make a few bucks. In the end I think I will just let the 2nd one go to the next guy on the waiting list. After all, whoever that is has been waiting just like the rest of us. I can't bear to hose that guy out of his Hellcat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's kind of you. Hope that next guy appreciates it. Pregrats on your dual hellcats being produced finally.

10. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That is awesome! It is pretty easy to share when you know it has to be a smart, muscle car loving animal like the rest of us! Congrats on your Hellcat status, we should be seeing pictures soon!:D