A Message to Hellcat Haters

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Max66, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Max66

Max66 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    American Muscle cars. You either get it or you don't. From the mid 1960's to the early 1970's there existed a class of car like no other. It had one mission. Go fast..... look mean.......All business. Unfortunately, that era ended. Until now. The Challenger 392 and Hellcat raise the muscle car from the dead and improve on it. Dramatically. The old muscle cars didn't stop, didn't turn and didn't offer much for amentities. DIDN'T CARE!
    They blew your hair back, your ears out, made your girlfriend pee her pants and made you check yours. I loved it.

Their are people on the internet (excluding this forum) that Don't like the Hellcat. I know, surprising. They complain its:
    its ugly
    to Big
    to heavy
    hard to handle
    doesn't corner
    no options
    crappy gas mileage
    See what I mean, they don't get it. In the Challengers defense, I offer this.

Its ugly - Have you seen a Prius. The lines on the Challenger are sexy and menacing. When you see it in your rear view mirror, you want to pull over and let it go by so it doesn't kick your ass. Truly, I've witnessed it.

It's big - Supposed to be. Want small, get a mini cooper. Stuff 707 hp in it and it would destroy that car like a beer can.

It's to heavy - Put 707 hp in a car and you better have some weight to it or be driving around everyday with with 3 foot wide racing slicks. Otherwise you'll be staring at the back end of your car swapping ends with you and trying to put you into curbs, walls, other cars, cliffs etc. You get what I'm saying.

It's hard to handle - It's 707 horsepower. next........

It doesn't corner - compared to what? It has Bilstein race suspension, 15.5 inch Brembo brakes and will take a .98 G side load. And weighs 4400 pounds. I've taken my Hellcat through corners at high speeds. It does extremely well. And I had to check my pants.

no options - Thats because it has "Every" option included. Do some home work before you buy a car. With 8.4 inch full navigation, 900 watt Harmon Kardon, leather airconditioned/heated seats, selectable drive modes, blue tooth, wifi hot spot, etc. etc. I fly a State of the art Airbus A-320. Doesn't even have a cigarette lighter.

Crappy gas mileage - This one always gets me. When I hear this one, I instantly lower their IQ by 50 points. Did you read the fine print on the window sticker. 707hp. And they call it a Hellcat.

So, in closing, some people get it, and others,....well.......
    The Muscle Car. The Hellcat. It's not for everyone. I'm glad. Because it's unique and deserves respect and a special kind of person that gets it. Like you and me.

• Winner Winner x 16
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It is their loss. Let them suffer in ignorance.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Answer to "it doesn't corner" and some others

Here's the original

New one handles awesome!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DrRouse

DrRouse Rookie Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Only after I got my cat did I realize that it is indeed larger than a typical pony car, so I did a comparison.
    The cat is within one inch in height, length and width to a 1970 Chevelle SS 454. Our wheelbase is a bit longer, and that is a good thing.
    So thinking of our cars like a late 60s or early 70s intermediate and not a Mustang class pony car redefines the perception of its relative size. Nobody ever said a Chevelle or a GTO was too large, and none of them had this power, suspension, brakes, transmissions and modern safety gear.
    It makes me laugh to see those old muscle cars get auctioned for 75K and above, when one can get a cat which is better in every way and has a warranty.
    Just sayin'

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The Challenger looks small compared to my 69 Grand Prix and it is considered a mid-size from the time. The Challenger is actually taller than the GP though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Everyone needs to understand the Hellcat has a bulls-eye on it... it's the big dog or should I say big cat in the muscle car world. The Blue Oval & Bow Tie gang are going to bash it... it's all they can do. As for gas mileage I didn't buy it for that... But I did take it on a two hour cruise and put it in eco mode just to see what it will do and got 25 MPG... took it on another cruise on the Interstate with the cruise set at 73 and got 23.5 MPG... I think we deserve a rebate on the Gas Guzzler tax!

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I honestly have not met anyone who hates on my CAT. Everybody I meet has nothing but compliments or awe. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not sure any of you crossed shopped a mustang or Slomaro, But the challenger is so much nicer and has more room, When I get in my car its easy, never a problem like a mustang or camero,,, I like that its bigger, Want more power, that's what a tuner is for,, For 2000 grand we can have 850 horsepower off the crank.. YES 850... That's just insane...I for one will be going for insane

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. wolfmann442

wolfmann442 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    9 times out of ten its the folks that are jealous. I love it when there is a hate thread somewhere and i bust in it and post the 6.87 @ 103 timeslip from my wife's pass , then ask if any of their cars can say it was that fast stock plus tires, and its crickets. It must be sad being brand loyal.. Hell, i like anything impressive.

10. Red Harley

Red Harley Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member HCC National Secretary

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I fell in love with my SS Camaro convertible first time I drove it. Still felt the same way
    when we traded it in on the Hellcat.
    But WOW it was nothing compared to this Hellcat more room, faster, handles better in the curves, did I I say faster. Not to mention the room and the comfort.
    Way classier car all around!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. wolfmann442

wolfmann442 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Plus there for a while i was getting links from folks to all these built out the ass cars out running the hellcat. I made this and sent it to them, lol

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. ramair111

ramair111 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have my Challenger parked next to my 69 GTO. Challenger is 4 in longer wheel base and GTO is 3in longer over all length and they are the same width. So pretty much the same size. Just the right size for my preferance.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 559hellcat

559hellcat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Say it again, say it again, Amen brother, Jealousy is an evil thing and really does cloud peoples rational opinions. The simple fact is that there are a lot of people who wish that they could afford to own such a rare beast, take your hellcat to any car show, the crowds are not by the Camaros or the hundreds of mustangs even if they are shelby's, the people want to see the Hellcat. They are low in numbers, fast as hell, sound mean, and chicks dig em, End of story,

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Lacan

Lacan Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well said.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Word! It's amazing. Ya they hate the car but can't stop talking about it and when you are near them they find a way to get off the road. I had a kid in a Mustang 2 cars down at a car show. 3 hours into it he finally came up and said "I gotta be honest with you" I built my car for one reason only....to beat the Hellact" Haha! Love this car.