A meth head a gun and my Hellcat.....

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Hemibuck, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    For the first time since I have been conceal carrying I almost had to drawn my weapon yesterday. Coming home from work in the Hellcat I'm minding my own business jamming to some 80's butt rock (Hair nation rules). I notice that a guy is hanging out of his window behind me making crazy gestures and so is his passenger. They get close behind me and I start to take notice. I thought at first the guy was just liking the cat, because ever since I picked her up three weeks ago the reactions have been pretty crazy, but then I see that they are both high on something. We come to a stop at the light and they are directly behind me with cars all the way around me. I'm trapped and they are taking off seat belts and opening their doors. I'm either about to get assaulted, robbed or carjacked. I grab my pistol and prepare for the unknown. I'm trapped and out numbered but have the safety of my car and even thought I don't want someone busting up my brand new ride I know I'm safer inside. But what if they have weapons what then? Before I have to find out the light changes and they close their doors and continue to follow me. I'm still boxed in and now they are on the side of me looking at me with crazed eyes. I back off so I can get the licence plate number and call 911. I held up the phone so they could see I was dialing and as soon as I start dialing they jerk off over a curb into a parking lot and down a side street. I ended the call and start to go over what just happened. In my small city during rush hour traffic something bad was going to happen. And I was trapped in traffic. Not sure what I would have done if they had gotten out and came at me but thankfully I didn't have to find out if my training would come into play or not. Be aware of your surroundings at all times people and have your higher force weapon handy. Had I not been aware of what was going on behind me I would have been taken by complete surprise. The good news is I looked at my CC license and realized it's up next month. I will be on the lookout for the truck so I can get the plate this time and let my LEO friends look into it. And I will also not get stuck in the middle lane again. Thanks for the advice Deputydog!

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good story and good advice!
    And at least you got the CC. Wouldn't leave home without it.
    It's amazing how many people do not have an awareness of whats going on around them at all times. Maybe it's a product of my OTR days but I'm always watching around and when driving, even planing plausible escape routes should something happen.

Either I'm very vigilant or I really need to seriously chill... :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ....and that was a situation that you WERE aware of. The ones that you never see coming are even scarier. If you have to bolt and make a run for it, at least you have an excellent chance of getting away. If I take Kitty to the store, I look around and make sure of my surroundings. I also look out for anyone following me home. Heck, I won't even park my HC in my driveway for any length of time. Its usually in the garage with the door closed....and I live in a very good neighborhood. It isn't my neighbors I'm concerned about, it is the evil doers who may pass through looking to cause trouble or for a quick score.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good job. I'm retired LEO so I still have the head on a swivel going on. You'd be surprised of how many people drive around with H.U.A.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If I'm right about H.U.A. it's funny, if not oh well. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. HELLKAT_NY

HELLKAT_NY Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If something like that happens again maybe set your phone on record and somehow place it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Shasta's Dad

Shasta's Dad Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds a bit scary. Glad nothing happened.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Glad to hear you had your eyes on and you're ok. I've had a similar incident but instead of showing them my phone I showed them my 2 peace keepers. I think one of then shat his pants. I was so hoping to clean out the barrels. Oh well, maybe next time.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My plan was to have 911 on the phone as shit went down. And another thing I learned is just use the phone to snap a pic of the car and the plates. I was going to try to remember it and under high stress that's very tough to do.

10. Kurt Seward

Kurt Seward Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm a retired Sheriff and we always thought there should be a ticket called DWHUA. Driving with head where the sun don't shine. LOL

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It was close for me and that thought passed my mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Glad everything turned out ok.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shasta's Dad

Shasta's Dad Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    While we're kinda on this topic, what do you guys and girls think the difference would be if you had or didn't have a permit, and had to defend yourself against 2 idiots?;)

14. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Glad I don't have to answer that. But common sense says that there shouldn't be a difference.
    Unfortunatly not many seem to have common sense. :(

15. NMMoparMan

NMMoparMan Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Holy cow! I always carry and when I get my bright red Hellcat in a few months I'm sure I will become somewhat of a target. 53 year old Desert Storm veteran driving a nice muscle car. ALWAYS, ALWAYS carry and stay vigilant! Glad you and your Cat are okay!