A ray of Hope

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Tazman, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  2. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  3. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Last allocation?
    I didn't read it that way.
    I read it as No more new orders like they said a month ago... except they won't resume for MY2015.

4. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    yeah my bad i was thinking last order but typed in allocation, was thinking today was open allocation moved up from tomorrow.

5. Hellcat83

Hellcat83 Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    What I hear from that statement is "We're going to get all the orders we have built and even have time to build more, so we're going to open back up ordering". Somehow I don't believe that's the case..... o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Galt

Galt Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds like a fat guy emptily saying 'Some day I'm gonna lose the weight'.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well, since the original "order suspension" was until August.... and MY2016 orders open in August, there's a bit of grey area for interpretation.

I don't know if August was always the target date for MY2016, or if they moved it up so they could claim that they were taking orders again.
    If August was always the target date... then they new way back that they were done taking MY2015 orders and it was just marketing PR to say orders would "probably resume in August". They just happened to leave out the fact that it would be for MY2016 orders (probably because there will be a price bump).

What I'm getting from the statement is everyone that has ordered so far will get their car.

I'm totally guessing here... but it makes me also believe that if anyone's 2014/15 order that may roll into the first MY2016 batches... there will be some sort of price protection from your original order. The reason for that guess is PR reasons.... and it would be the right thing to do.

8. Galt

Galt Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah but if the old orders automatically roll over to next year, 2016 is over before it began. AND we're back to the allocation fiasco resulting in guys with 2015 orders not getting cars again in 2016, which means more than one order per customer to hedge their bets, more price gouging, unwanted duplicate orders that guys don't want anymore actually being built and shipped off to no one etc.

They're not going to make this nightmare better in any way next year, are they?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would think that any 2015 orders rolling over into MY2016 would take priority over 2016 order allocation.

As for 2016 allocation rules (new orders)... who knows? One would hope they have learned some lessons here. Tim's intent of putting as many cars out as possible, and to curb dealer gouging has backfired. More dealers are gouging than ever. I would assume that this would piss him off (Since FCA is taking the black eye), and they are going to try something different. Whether that will work or not.... we'll just have to see.

As far as I know... all manufactures have some sort of allocation system for dealerships.... not just FCA, and not just for the Hellcat. If you go into a Dodge dealer and order a RAM Pick Up, the dealership needs to be given allocation before the order is put through to D / D1. There just isn't a supply problem with superchargers, and transmissions on these other models. That's why they came up with stupid rules for the Hellcat allocation... and like I said... it backfired. One also needs to remember that this is Chrysler's first venture into supercharged engines... they don't manufacture the superchargers, hence rely on another company. FCA grossly under-estimated how many they would need, hence the supply problem.

We'll just have to see if they learned anything for next year's order influx.

/shrug