A Real Friend

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by ChallengerDad, Feb 24, 2015.

1. ChallengerDad

ChallengerDad SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My friend has an IE 392 (blue stripes on white - stunning car) that he's finally modding a bit. He's the Lead / SRT Technician at a local dealership, so the man really knows his $h*t. I've seen his work, and am confident in saying he "may" be more meticulous than I am. He treats every car he works on like it was his own. He'll be the ONLY person to turn a wrench on my Hellcat besides myself.

Anyway, I saw the thread about the OE "SUPERCHARGED" badges that were on the factory mules becoming available from MOPAR, so I texted him a request for info and pricing on the badges. I know these little prizes were going for crazy money on eBay, and wondered if he could get them for me at a reasonable price. His reply was "I ordered them for a good friend who's been stuck in BX hell 4 over 5 months, thinking if he ever gets his car, he would want them. Am I good or what? They are yours 4 what I paid 4 them". He then added that the had a copy of the Challenger brochure (more like a book) set aside for me as well.
    He and his wife handed me a Hellcat t-shirt last year for my birthday - before I got a chance to order one from Dodge.

You don't come across friends this good (or generous) very often.
    He doesn't know it yet, but he'll be accompanying me to the local drag strip this year to make a pass (or three) in my Hellcat. :D

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    People like that are far and few in-between. That's cool, and I'm happy for you.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds like you may get to drive a supercharged IE also. That's a win win.
    My step dad let me drive his 1990 911 in auto cross events and such when I was 16. He fostered my love for cars, and I was very thankful to let him run around in my viper. What goes around comes around.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Bad arsery friend CD hard to find

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Everyone I think has a good friend like that...this is why I gave my friend my SRT experience. Does so much for us and never asks for anything

• Like Like x 1