A ride for the uninitiated...

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by viperprowler1, May 27, 2016.

1. viperprowler1

viperprowler1 SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My car buddy neighbor had gear-head friends visiting and called to say they were dying to see a Charger Hellcat which they had never seen in person. So over they came and were in awe of the 'Cat. At some point, I asked if they would like a ride but before I got the question over my lips...a resounding "YES" ensued. So we went for a quick ride...a brother and sister and one of their friends. By the time we got back, they had taken photos and videos and had already sent them on to friends all over and were already getting back comments like..."you lucky sonofab-tch..." etc. They had a great time as did I and every time I drive this beast, it continues to amaze and delight me more and more as time passes. I have owned a number of Vipers and although I loved all of them, this car touches me in a way that they did not. The sheer immense power and the smooth shifting auto. sends you rocketing down the road like nothing I have experienced on the street previously. I know all of you have had similar experiences and it never ceases to thrill. Enjoy the ride. Mike

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. graycat

graycat Automobile Aficionado Extraordinaire Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good story!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. MattG

MattG Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yep happens to me with my charger.
    they don't see many and are grinning from ear to ear after the ride.

have fun
    Matt

• Like Like x 1
  4. SilverCat

SilverCat Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Great Story! I have to Agree! After 6,000 miles with my Cat and I can't stop grinning when I hit the gas and the Cat responds like no other car. Also the instant transmission shifts and the sound of the supercharger whine there is just no comparison!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It never ceases to thrill because it is a rocket. Anything snd everything you ever wanted in s muscle car

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Doug_38

Doug_38 Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    On very first day driving my HC, I took a close friend and his young sons out for a drive. We were waiting at a traffic light and the driver in the car next to us flashed a big thumbs up. Light changed, we started moving and he kept staring only to have the horns sound behind him. Quite the smile on our faces.

But the real kicker was getting back to their house and the boys not wanting to get out of the HC. When their mom asked how it was, they said "we can't stop smiling!" I couldn't help beaming from ear to ear with a huge proud smile!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ciphros

ciphros Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Driving to Portland yesterday, running along with the cruise on, going by cars and cars going by me. Leapfrog back and forth with this Toyota corolla that can't seem to keep a steady speed. Figure he is one of the clueless masses that can't drive worth a darn. He comes up beside me in the left lane and just kind of hangs there as I am closing in on a semi in front of me. Not wanting to get boxed in, I tromped it and shot ahead. My wife starts cracking up in the passenger seat, saying "that guy just said something to his girlfriend and pointed at the car, just as she turned her head to look over here, we were gone." I look in the rear view and the guy driving the corolla is laughing his ass off. So, I guess he was trying to provoke that very reaction. He drove much more normal afterward, so I was more entertained than annoyed. Up to that point I was rather annoyed...funny how letting the cat out of the bag can always put a grin on my face.

• Like Like x 1
  8. viperprowler1

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    We wish all of you a Happy and Honorable Memorial Day. Let us remember and appreciate all those who have and continue to protect our freedoms and allow us to enjoy all the benefits of living in this great country.

• Like Like x 1
  9. viperprowler1

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Anyone else have any great stories of first rides with friends and their comments or observations?