A way to see reset information?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Electronics' started by Rag, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Rag

Rag Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello all this is my first post. I was curious if there is a way to recall information that has been reset. As in the dealer reset my top speed and I am under the assumption they did to cover how fast they took my car. They are telling me it reset because of battery disconnect but all the other information remained intact.

Thanks a lot guys.
    Rag

• Like Like x 1
  2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    No way but to test disconnect negative cable 30 seconds then go check, they could be right dunno

3. Bandit

Bandit Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

If EVERYTHING else has remain unchanged, yet only your "top speed" memory has been reset, then they're full of shit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rag

Rag Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah everything else is the same. I'm waiting on a call from the dealership I bought the car from to see if you can check with the SRT diagnostic tools. I didn't want to drive the 2+ hours there to get it checked. Then again it will be worth it if I find out my local dealership has scumbags that work there. Thanks for the responses.

5. Rag

Rag Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So they were out joyriding in my car. Someone at the dealership told me. That person doesnt want to be named though as they don't want to lose hours at work or their job all together. Now I just have to force the GM there to understand the only reason these dispshits would reset my top speed was abuse.

6. Shasta's Dad

Shasta's Dad Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry that happened. I didn't check mine - didn't want to get pi$$ed off. Something like that happened near me - the salesman didn't know me from adam and told me about it!

7. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Rag welcome to the forum and thanks for joining us. A battery disconnect will also reset the Valet mode...I believe. There are several threads pointing out tips to consider when dropping off your car for service....to avoid someone taking your cat out for possible abuse on the road.