A8 challenger allocation at msrp available now...

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by actionjack99, Dec 4, 2015.

1. actionjack99

actionjack99 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    hi gang,

just got off the phone with my sales rep at ourisman jeep dodge in clarksville, md 21029.

he advised my A8 allocation for a challenger hellcat i had a deposit was now available to order.
    i declined the allocation since it was months late and i have a deposit with a vin and build date
    for a gt350.

he also advised that a stock white challenger hellcat M6 would be arriving in days at the dealership
    available for msrp.

he is aware i'm posting this on the forum and will be at the dealership today till 9 and all day tomorrow.

srt sales rep jason kerr 301-596-9990.

all vehicles at mrsp and the A8 allocation would be built in the 6-8 week time frame.

good luck everyone.

action

2. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the post. Good luck with the Shelby. Seems like they hit a home run with that car. What the ETA on the ford?

• Like Like x 1
  3. hellzya

hellzya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm talking with them now hope everything goes good!!!
    If this goes through for me I OWE you kind internet stranger.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. actionjack99

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ohiotj
    my build date is around christmas and about a 4 week delivery so i'm guessing around february for the shelby. i got lucky with a msrp allocation on the shelby and i was up in the air with the challenger so i was going to take delivery on whomever got me a vin and a build date first. i was in a win win situation.

hellzya
    the universe has a way of rewarding good behavior. hope you get the car you always wanted. once we get our cars, we can meet up for cars and coffee.

best everyone.

action

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's pretty quick. Do you mind sharing what options you are getting? Also do be a stranger on here when it gets in. I want to hear your personal thoughts on the car after you drive it. Do you plan on any track days?

6. actionjack99

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    compared to the hassle of locating and ordering a hellcat, ordering the shelby gt350 was painless. pretty much what you would expect, put deposit on the car, wait a couple of months and pick up the car. i got a 2016 tech package all black with black interior. 58.5k msrp.

i wanted the hellcat to be a boulevard cruiser so i wanted an automatic and for some reason when the order banks opened up in sept again my dealer didn't have an a8 allocation. i still don't understand that at all but i told him i would wait for a8.

then the gt350 was close to release so i was late to the party but heck instead of a cruiser i would go back to pure sports car. i sold multiple m3's to get into a hellcat and go in a different direction. it wasn't meant to be so the gt350 will be more of what i'm used to and a boulevard cruiser will have to wait.

i do plan on tracking the gt350 at lime rock in ct. never been a track guy but figured this will be a good way to get into and maybe invest in the time to learn to be a better driver.

i'm planning to get get matte black stripes put on the car. for some reason you couldn't order black stripes on a black car except the r version and that had red pinstripe outlines.

any who finished rambling.

action

ps. saw a video comparison between a z28 and gt350.
    consensus was, mustang had better fit and finish, z28 had more low end torque, mustang power didn't kick in until 3500rpm but steady all the way to 8200 redline, better exhaust note for the mustang and the mustang was preferred overall.

• Like Like x 1
  7. hellzya

hellzya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The order went in this morning!!!!!! After a year and a voucherd 2015 order its looking very promising. Yes I would love nothing more then to meet up in the spring for coffee or lunch and check out a sweet 350.
    yes let us know what options you ordered and

8. actionjack99

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i got the tech package. you either got a base, tech or track package or the r package.

i hope everything goes good for you. i have no reason to doubt you wouldn't. for me i wanted an automatic and they only had allocations for a manual when the order banks opened up.

btw, jason sent me a text this morning of my refund receipt. these guys have been no hassle and a straight up dealership.

9. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Action jack, there is a road course in north east Ohio called Nelson ledges. They have track days regularly and it's very informal. They have an instructor there for your first time out and then they send you own your own unless you ask or need for help. The pavement is not in great shape but for the price you won't find a better deal. And like I said it's a very laid back atmospehere with zero egos there. Might be worth checking out and if you do let me know..

10. actionjack99

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    thank you for the heads up. that would be a great road trip. my oldest son just started high school and before he graduated i pledged we would go to every baseball stadium. last summer we did all the east coast and chicago and pittsburgh. we have gone to 12 with 18 to go. that would be a good way to knock out cleveland and cinncinati.

always looking for a reason to road trip.

cheers,

action

11. Cartyme

Cartyme Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    waiting patiently to order my GO MANGO Challenger Hellcat in NJ using my $5000 off voucher

12. actionjack99

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    fyi, got word from ford my shelby has been built and is going through quality control and just waiting for delivery to dealer. most likely end of january due to plant shut down for christmas :)

will post pics upon delivery.

action

• Like Like x 1
  13. hellzya

hellzya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    congrats... Will love to see it
    I'm being told my hellcat is scheduled to be built 1/11 and should get it 6-8 weeks later.

14. actionjack99

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i would have preferred an april delivery but better to have it in hand. what color car did you get?