A8 HC vs. Auto C7 Z06

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Next Phase, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    drivermodtv

(not sure if this link works and not sure if it was already posted)

What gives? Was the HC modded? Looks like something was wrong with the Z?

• Like Like x 1
  2. MaxxMuscle

MaxxMuscle Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looks like the chase car would run down the vette every time also.

3. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Agreed... I think there was something wrong with the Z personally. If the Challenger was modded, the Charger wouldn't have run down the Z like it did.

4. Johnny

Johnny Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member HCC Germany President

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The aFe CAI :D:p maybe !

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Peter Gozinya

Peter Gozinya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    NP nice find on the video, I am pretty sure Fatt Cat is on the forum somewhere. I hope the video is legit, maybe you are giving the ZO6 too much credit. I will say I did see another video which has a Hellcat walking a new ZO6. ZO6's (so I've read) are also prone to heatsink and power loss so if there are in Mexico in the summer time, after several pulls the ZO6 maybe getting a little weak and tired. The verdict after several runs the Hellcat is the winner of this battle. Hands down. Run what ya brung. Hellcat brung it ZO6 didn't.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Totally agree with you, but the A8's in the Z are quicker than the M7 cars. I've seen auto Z's walk the Hellcat in videos... (essentially the opposite of what this video showed).

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see the fat cat do some work! The Hellcats in general get a lot of hate right now on the internet....mostly from those that have never driven one or could afford to own one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. pink68

pink68 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just a thought from someone who has driven both. The vette has the same torque and weighs less. It is quicker. The hp of the HC translates to the pulling away after both have been moving a bit. The unmodded track times being posted all around the U.S. are faster than the HC times. The first generation modded vettes are now hitting the tracks and they are also fast too. It also helps when the stock tires are CUP2s. The vette isn't even a straight line car. It pulls 1.2gs and can still go in a straight line reasonably well. The HC is a HP beast that is phenomenal in the standing mile runs, fast in the quarter for a production car and does very well in the twisties. I'm happy to be able to own both.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for your input on the subject. I don't know why the Z lost and lost by that margin. The initial hit looks strong, then it looks like it falls on it's face when it shifts into the next gear?

9. Peter Gozinya

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Pink thanks for the feedback and clarification. If you own both I have to believe what you say to be true. Nice to know the Hellcat can be even compared to an awesome car like the Z06. I king of like the whole look and style of the Hellcat though, if I am few tenths off a Z06 so be it. When you factor in the driver, that could be the difference. Maybe the guy in the Corvette wasn't as committed to pushing it as much as the guy in the Cat. In the first run he clearly had a car coming up in his lane so I do not count that as win for the Cat but according to the video and what i can see with my own eyes, you can say whatever you want but the Hellcat consistently walks this guy. Should of it not been the opposite?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. pink68

pink68 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would think with the higher HP the Cat should walk the Z. To be clear my Cat just came out of D1 status, should be here early Sept. I have two friends who have Cats also and have formed my opinions from driving them (A8 and M6) in both twisties and straightaways. There is no doubt the Cat is a beast with mild manners and I am pretty excited mine is on the way! I will be out of town for almost two weeks at the time it is supposed to be hitting the dealership. The Z is my wife's car and the Cat she said we might be sharing, how messed up is that?

11. RDLSRT

RDLSRT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    that was filmed in Houston Texas off I10, not in Mexico. Still hot in Houston, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looks like the same result I got twice so far.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Peter Gozinya

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am about two weeks out on taking delivery of mine too, good luck to you. sounds like you got both bases covered. Happy Wife...Happy Life .....translating to two of the best cars you could at this time sitting in your garage.

14. gabe

gabe Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My hellcat challenger pulls harder going 30 or 40 mph.The one on the video looks slow as if the driver doesn't have the feel for the car yet.

15. pink68

pink68 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Also, if the ride suspension system on the Z isn't set to Track there are some very restrictive electronic nannies that come on. I think there are three settings within the Track setting too. A full throttle run otherwise will not allow the motor to develop full potential in a Z06.