A8 order rejection (update)

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by rollieman, Sep 12, 2015.

1. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    As I reported on Sept.10 my order was entered at 11:00 and at 11:10 it was rejected due to A8 restriction?

Update: Effectively not much to report other than the dealer told they're still waiting to hear back from the Factory Rep and told me not to worry because I won't loose my allocation and that they will "get me a car" !

Well it's been a couple of days now and I've received no calls !

Now I still have full faith in my dealer ; BUT based on great information from this forum; the reality is my allocation is most likely not going to help, whereas it's only good for a M6. Additionally I read somewhere that an M6 allocation can NOT be changed to a A8, so if this is the case then I'm back to where I started ?

Oh well, you guys said it wasn't going to be easy --------- your right about that !

Just going to have to hang in there a little longer, who knows could be another 6 months until they get another round of allocations; or, I could shop around again ??

Bottom line is IMO, this car is worth the frustration ------------ the discrete classic design truly suits me whereas I love classic American muscle cars ---- hec at first glance you almost can't tell difference between an original and a 3rd gen Challenger without taking a second look ! A classic look with modern technology and now 750 HP ----------- how can I resist !!!

Thank you all for all your valued input and will keep you posted accordingly.

2. USMCVET0311

USMCVET0311 VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I dealt with the same thing. SHOP AROUND! These dealers will tell you anything to keep your deposit, as its no skin off of their back but you are the one without a vehicle. No telling when they will get their next allocation and they'll probably BS you anyway. It took me about 20 dealers to finally find an allocation available at MSRP.

3. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey Rollieman, I cancelled my order with that same dealer. Thanks to this forum and the fact that I just happened to glance at my phone when an email alert popped up a notification on my lock screen, I found a dealer in Texas (only 416 miles away instead of 1600+ for your NH dealer, so I can drive it home...no snow) that had an allocation for that day only (had to put the order in that day), A8 Challenger. MSRP. So I placed my 4th deposit and he put the order in. I got a VON and one of the line items listed under the 'options' of my POC says 'guaranteed schedule', which none of my other POC/VON sheets have had that. I expect to go D1 in the next couple of business days.

I think you are right. I think your dealer has allocations, but they are for M6's, because he told me the same things he is telling you. So I'd keep looking. The main thing is to watch this forum throughout the day for those kinds of alerts because you won't have long to act on it.

Good luck brother.

4. White Trash

White Trash BMF Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member HCC National Vice Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I will be selling my 2016 A8 once it arrives.
    I decided to keep the 2015.

WT