ABC News

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by PhantomWorks, Mar 4, 2015.

1. PhantomWorks

PhantomWorks Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    So FCA was on the morning news blasting their shady dealers this morning with the price gouging...Walked into the room at the last minute so I did not hear much. Wonder if it will change anything.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Badass69

Badass69 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Oh so I should hear the pos dealer i was at call me and offer me the car at msrp instead of 15000 over..... yeah... I'm sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Wow, FCA has put the all out PR blitz on for the Hellcat. Pretty smart on their part to get way out ahead and focus blame elsewhere so that the masses don't realize FCA are a major part of the customers irate emotional positions due to FCAs idiotic allocation of vehicles to dealers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Hugh Jorgan

Hugh Jorgan Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  5. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Fca doesn't own the dealers,, the dealers pay to sell dodge cars,, the dealers make money from selling cars, and when a super hot car comes out, it's the dealers time to make money in it,, they don't make crap on darts, and all the other bread and butter cars, they make money by selling in volume,,,, by no means do I think what the dealers are doing is fair,, but it's business,, there in business to make money, but taking deposit on cars they man never get is very very bad customer service...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. F6F

F6F BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    FCA and the dealers are not the same but at the same time they are the same. Why? FCA does not own the dealers, but sells them the cars that then they sell to us. The dealers were and will always be the worst at customer service. Yes, I know, there are some that are OK, and actually the one that I am dealing with shut my mouth a couple of times by providing excellent customer service. But we all know, that the majority of them are douche bags (sorry douche bags). And FCA and probably the other brands do the same over and over again. For example " we will not send Hellcats to dealerships that blah blah blah" and then, San Antonio Dodge or whatever the name of the dealership is, gets many Hellcats and they do not sell them at MSRP, and they stay on the lot for more than 4 days, and they violate all the rules imposed by FCA. Oh surprise, they have 3 Charger Hellcats now, at, oh surprise, 20K or more above MSRP.
    Great, if I am the owner of San Antonio Dodge I want to make a lot of money, and that is perfect. But when they try to sell us that speech about bad dealers and stuff, I do not buy it for one second.
    Now, changing subjects, who wants to buy my sublime Hellcat for $95,000? :D:D:D.
    Have a great day everybody !!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

This move has a name ... Damage Control.

April

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yep. It's been on all the schmedia outlets for the last day or two. One outlet gets a quote, then they all report on it. A guy that works for me sent me an email about it today. I told him 'I heard about that two days ago', he said "you need to stop living in the future!". lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hattrick

Hattrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    FCA, Well? Ever been to Sicily or Naples? Hold on to your wallet..Mangia! Prego!

10. Dances With Empties

Dances With Empties Gold Member

Where rednecks are nervous of hillbillies
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    IMO: The big question with the lawyers & the judges will be: When does accepting orders at the factory from the dealers, on behalf of the customer; knowing that not all can be fulfilled. Become an act of fraud at the corporate level instead of at the dealer level? I'm not a lawyer, & don't play one on the interweb; but you gotta wonder?...

11. Brett M

Brett M Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    More lawyer speak? Did FCA promise you a delivery date? If so and on a contract, you have a case. An Order is not a contract. An Order is an order and can be cancelled by either party at any time. Should FCA hold all cancelled orders accountable for the 60k+ for every cancelled order even though they did not promise a delivery date? Yes, I think they should stop taking orders until they catch up, but they have done nothing they haven't promissed. They will build them for every sold order, it just may not be in the time frame expected. Either wait, attempt the lawsuit or move on. If you file a suit, let everyone know how it goes.

12. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So let me see if I got this right

Dealers are ordering too many, but "Overall, our independently owned and operated Dodge dealers have been doing a great job managing Hellcat orders." and dealing with the allocation rules. ( Sitting with unsold cars with huge markups )

Yet the current chairman of the National FCA Dealer Council comments on it and talks crap about dealers taking to many orders while he ignores the rules himself and somehow has multiple unsold Hellcats for >5 days, verified by people, and they have huge markups,

Then FCA comes out and says on ABC that the dealers are gouging. But they still won't send Hellcats to dealers with large lists at MSRP, but their dealer council czar is getting unsold cars and then taking them and marking them up.

Is that what I'm hearing and seeing?

13. Lighty

Lighty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I had read somewhere quite some time ago that the dealer has the sold order not FCA. Good order available for scheduling BX. FCA accepts the order you get a VIN at D firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available . That is when you have an order with FCA and they have agreed to build it. Tim says he will build all sold orders..every car that gets a VIN will get built.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  14. Dances With Empties

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm nor sure where I typed that I was filing suit?... My statement was in regards to still accepting orders & taking deposits on a model they can't fulfill exiting orders on within the current year. And I believe that my order is a contract between me & at least the dealer, as money was accepted by them for a product. A purchase order agreement was signed. I'm not saying there isn't a million & one escape clauses in it. But accepting 5k deposits & providing false or faint hope to a lot of people is something a lot of eyes are watching. It may be dealers who place orders online but It's a corporate computer that validates it. As for cancellations by FCA; I would have had a lot more respect if they did, as the the carrot would stop being dangled over the customer's nose. But then a lot of deposits would have to be return in one full sweep & the the interest free loans would be gone...
    Again this is my opinion & I am now starting to realize this not an 'every man's' car, for at least this year...

15. Dances With Empties

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's my beef! In the last part of your statement: "Every car that gets a vin will get built" It takes a 5k deposit just to get to their bx status & that's where, (imo), there is an expectation by the customer to have a car built for them in that production year agreed upon. I know I sound crazy, but that's my expectation of Dodge...