Adam's Detailing

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Detailing' started by Cole Quintin, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Cole Quintin

Cole Quintin Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi Guys and Gals..

I have been looking around for some better detailing alternatives lately.

I clean the 2014 Chrysler Town and Country and the 2015 RAM 1500 Very often.. I usually use the traditional turtle wax car wash mixed with some dish soap to clean the cars, With a hand wash mitt that I clean out thoroughly with every wash.. Problem is, Lately I have been falling behind, Not because of time but because the products I have been using have not been doing the greatest job. I always see big water spots, ALL OVER, and I HATE water spots.. Can't stand them, and also I have been noticing some scratches in the paint and some streaks in the windows and Interior.. We are going to trade in both cars very soon here so I am looking for some new cleaning products so I can take great care of the new vehicles.

Lately I have heard a lot of great things about Adam's Polishes, I have watched countless videos and many reviews.. I am VERY close to making a big purchase with them.. As I see that they have all the solutions to some of the detailing problems I have.

Now.. My question is.. Is it worth it? I guess I am a little paranoid on always needed the cars spotless, But hey, It keeps me busy and I love doing it.. So I just wanted to get some other opinions on their products and see if I should go ahead and purchase some new products.. Including the new and improved foam gun!

Thanks a lot!

-Cole Quintin

2. TNCHARGER

TNCHARGER SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Adams is great stuff...I have used their products for years....best way to learn their products and how to apply them is to watch their videos for each product....I would suggest starting with their paste wax, clay bar, detail spray and car shampoo wash.....This would be the basics you can build on later......just an FYI...never use dish detergent unless you want to remove the wax....and when you do want to remove old wax use Dawn....

3. YLWJKT

YLWJKT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Adams is pretty good stuff.
    Imo the Menzerna line works better/easier and lasts longer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SC DETAILEL

SC DETAILEL Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Adams is a great product line. You could also look into Griots Garage items.

HUMP

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MattG

MattG Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    i bought into his line of products about 6 years ago. I have been happy since.
    Be sure to try out the IronX products by (Chemical Guys) CarPros (Vendor on our site) to get rid of the stains and water marks on the paint
    then do the clay, and the products you would normally.
    Waiting on my next bottle of IronX to be delivered on thursday. I have my 67 Dart Conv. to do.
    It also has water marks on it.
    I purchased the scented version of IronX. it does stink up the place, but it works really well.
    Tried out Griots on a few things, did not like the pricing and always went back to Adams. Griots products went on easy as Adams, so its a toss up.
    Now i see that AutoZone carries some of the Griots on the shelf. So check them out and save on shipping
    costs which always makes me hesitate clicking on the buy button !

Matt

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  6. BeBeep

BeBeep SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You will probably gets lots of opinions and here is mine. I have used Meguiars (20 years), Zaino (waste of money) and more recently Adams (2 years) products. My opinion is you can get the same results using any of the product brands I listed. You will get more bang for your buck sticking with Meguiars IMO. Adams is OK but very pricey and I honestly cannot tell the difference.

Regarding the water spots, invest in a filter system like this one on Autogeek. Clear Inline Hose Filter Canister and Accessories

A friend of mine swears by it and I am getting ready to buy one as well. He says he never gets water spots with it. He also uses one of the air blaster units to blow all the water off and it does not leave spots or mineral deposits.

Good luck with whatever you decide. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SC DETAILEL

SC DETAILEL Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    All good ideas for sure.

HUMP

8. Cole Quintin

Cole Quintin Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks a lot everyone.. Greatly appreciate it.

9. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Will back up the Griots product line too. Dr. Beasley's is great too, but expensive.

10. jaque

jaque Silver Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    jax wax makes great everyday stuff. but kamikaze products and geon prep products..
    check out esoteric car care.. ive used them all! check out these products..

11. Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Personally I'm good with Meguiar's and it's very inexpensive. Amazon has all of their products so very convenient for me too.

12. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Cole,
    You will get a lot of opinions on what products are best. I think the zano product will make your life a lot easier.

13. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Old school -- Liquid Glass (polish). Formula has changed a little over the years but it is still easy on, easy off. Couple coats and it has a super shine and lasts for months

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. TennesseeGator

TennesseeGator Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Adams is a good brand, extremely good customer service. Yes, the products are pricy and some of their stuff isn't as strong as others in the market, but that's what it is. Adams is a boutique brand that is aimed at the car lover who just want to baby their vehicle and keep it looking great. Adams was the first company I used when I started detailing, and I have mostly moved on to other brands, but I still like their vrt tire and trim shine, as well as their shampoo.

Honestly, if you really care about keeping your very expensive car nic3 looking, the best thing you could do it get it coated with opti-coat. That way cleaning it will be much easier and you won't have to worry about marring it as much

15. SirRalliart

SirRalliart Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We use Adams exclusively. My wife keeps gallon jugs of everything they sell. She's the expert on detailing. I keep telling her should become a dealer!

The 2 must-haves for newer cars from them are the In and Out spray for your grills and Revive polish, which magically takes away the water spots, but I don't think that is the product's intention.

• Like Like x 2