added Supercharged badge to hood

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by huggytree, Mar 11, 2015.

1. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have always been a keep it stock kinda guy...but the plainness of the HC has got me doing exterior mods to where i think Dodge should have taken it....just added the Supercharged to the hood....it looks like it should have always been there...spent 1 hour deciding on location and making it straight....

i decided on 1/2 way between front scoop and where the back of the line curves...its exactly in the middle....i went about 2" down from the top of the hood line and it seemed to be centered in the semi flat spot created by the hood scoop.....you need to crouch down to see the body line perfectly to line it up..used painters tape....a few times id go up front and it would look crooked, then go to the side and it was perfect...its an illusion because the raised scoop part is not a straight line front to back..it pulls out from the center......

it could go anywhere and i went back and forth on location for 30-45 minutes....in the end i think i made the perfect choice..w/o it the hood just seems like there's something missing since there arent any decals....

i considered blacking it out (flat black), but decided since the HC logo is also bright silver it fit in...blacking it out would make it stand out more on a Sublime, but i didnt think it would fit it as well.......also didnt want to deal with the paint peeling in a couple of years..

its sitting out in the WI sun baking on the hood for a few hours....

PS- you guys who complained about my front bumper repair/paint match...looks pretty close in full sun doesnt it

[​IMG][/URL[​IMG][/URL[​IMG]]]

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looks great, Huggy! That's exactly how my Hellcat will look in a month with the exception that I plan to wrap the hood and have the strobe stripe applied. Afterward, I'll apply the Supercharged emblem. Hopefully, spring is around the corner. 50 degrees in Western Michigan today and snow is melting fast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Beautiful

4. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looks nice Huggytree! Mine will go over the hood wrap once installed.

5. 440 Superbee

440 Superbee Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Huggytree - Looks awesome! Thanks for the details on measurements and how you installed them. Always helpful to read how someone installed a mod.

6. 1FSTCAT

1FSTCAT The Punisher

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice...wonder if Dodge will consider adding these next model year?

7. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dodge should have put it there.....thats why a purist like me is no longer a purist......

i used 50/50 alchohol/water mix first to take off all factory wax......then pressed it back and forth many times, then left it in the sun to bake for 3 hours.....the letters were hot to the touch...dont want to lose any of those letters at 198mph

you could place it anywhere along that body line and come up with a reason for it....i should have looked where Dodge put the HEMI on the 5.7 model......i tried to center it in the logical space.....i think up/down it has to be center....but side to side is where its hard to decide where center is...

im sure every person who's done it has a different spot

8. 1FSTCAT

1FSTCAT The Punisher

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    After viewing the curve of the raised hood and determining ideal reflective side angle viewing and placing a fan with a smoke wand to simulate a wind tunnel, I determined the exact spot that showed no wind turbulence...basically perfect air.

Realizing the slightest modification to the slipstream effect could be disturbed by these horsepower increasing emblems, I placed them in those exact spots. Not one to assume perfection, I retested to ensure no impact to overall top speed. Noticing a slight wisp of smoke curling on the left emblem, I laser shaved the top 1/16th of an inch off the last letter and hand polished to a chrome luster.

I have found my top end is now 199.9 from the previous 198.2...I'm saying this mod is worth the effort.

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i will have to do a red neck wind tunnel test......time to get out the leaf blower and blow some marijuana smoke towards my HC

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. 1FSTCAT

1FSTCAT The Punisher

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm liking your method much better :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looks good. I have to put thoes striped on the bosses car

12. ds tiger

ds tiger Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    OP gorgeous car!

I am not sure about the hood emblem though - cool but the cat on the side says it all

If 'they" don't know what it is- so what? - it looks like you are trying to tell people how badddass you/ your car is...

which possibly would make any one other than you - in the same circumstance ...a 707 HP insecure -poser

*just sayin'* Bro!!

13. Bobby D

Bobby D Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice very nice car looks great

14. Demon Driver

Demon Driver Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    1418277754213.jpg Mark Trostle did this on his pre-production Challenger....For whatever reason the idea didn't make production.

Btw your car looks awesome Huggy.....AAR decal should be an option....They have the hood so......

Instagram

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looks great, Huggy!

April