admin test ignore

Discussion in 'Site Help and Support' started by VSAdmin, Nov 10, 2016.

1. WERA689

WERA689 SRT Hellcat Admin Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    No doubt you have. As frustrated as you are, I'm even moreso. I'm stuck in the middle between you---the members---and the site owners. They tell me what's going on, and I can only expect it to happen. When it doesn't, you guys are all over me (not that I blame you). I understand that we're now 7 months past the site sale date. I also understand that you guys have $100 out there in limbo. That wouldn't make me happy either. I get it.

The latest info I have, as of this morning, is that there are still two members who have not replied to repeated requests, both by PM and by email, for their shipping addresses and shirt sizes. If it were up to me, I'd go ahead and get the orders made and shipped regardless, RIGHT NOW. It's not up to me.

All the same, I just got a message from the office, telling me that all orders for which we have the correct and complete information should be shipping within one week. I hope as sincerely as you all do that this is both correct, and the last I have to hear about it. For all the frustration that each of you are experiencing, you can multiply that by 20 for me. That's how many of you I've tried to help with this.

2. Tightlines

Tightlines Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hopefully testing why Photobucket links dont work anymore here.

3. toekneethetiger

toekneethetiger BMF Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Can someone fill me in on these shirts? Please and thank you.

4. B5 MOPAR

B5 MOPAR VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Would you be able to tell me and maybe others are curious, who are the site owners? Who keeps this forum running on a daily basis, who created the forum, how many staff are there, how many admin people like yourself is there? How many moderators are there? Break down the inter working for me. I am interested to know how many are involved behind the scenes and what it takes to keep the forum running on a daily basics.

5. WERA689

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    This forum was started by a group called Forum Foundry. In May, this year, it was sold to a company called Vertical Scope. We have a small group of volunteer moderators, who have--mostly--been here since the beginning. I worked for Forum Foundry for nearly 10 years before the sale of this site, and basically, my contract was sold to Vertical Scope along with their motorcycle and motorsports communities. This makes me the only paid staffer here on a regular basis. I still know relatively little about Vertical Scope, to be honest. I have no idea how many people work up there, or how many interact on this site with any regularity. I just do what I do here (and on the 3 dozen or so other sites I'm associated with), and reach out to them when necessary. I know they're BIG. I know they operate thousands of special interest sites like this one, over a very wide range of interests. Maybe someone from there will fill in more details about their end of the operation.

6. Mo-par!

Mo-par! Bone Stock Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you paid for an upgraded membership, I did the $100 option, part of the deal was a wicked cool shirt that was embroidered with sites logo. Some of us have gotten caught in the middle of the ownership change and not received the shirt...we have been patiently waiting and from time to time make a "playful" reference to it. Wera has been great at trying to help but I think he's been put in the position of trying to push a rope...

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. WERA689

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Not exactly, and this is part of the problem we had. Forum Supporting Memberships are not the same as the $100 Hellcat Car Club Membership, though they both appeared on the same page. The Supporting Memberships gain some additional forum benefits in exchange for $15 or $25/yr to help offset server costs and such. But the $100 deal was a membership in the Hellcat Car Club....two totally separate beneficiaries of the payments you made.

And yeah, I'm frustrated that those that bought the Club Memberships during a short window between the site sale and the new owners realizing they were collecting money but didn't know for what, basically..and then stopped the Club signups until we could figure out who was owed shirts still. It's taken a LOT longer to sort through all that than I would have thought or expected. But I haven't let this fall off of anyone's radar....My guess is that if they see an email from me, they say "oh crap...".

Meanwhile, there is a lot of work going on right now behind the scenes to re-create the Hellcat Car Club. It's expected that Club shirts will again be available as Member benefits in the near future. I need to get in touch with the Officers soon, to figure out the best ways to get the Club back on it's feet and going forward again, with all the speed and grip of a Hellcat. Stay tuned for that re-launch. It's a big deal, and it's planned to be far more than anything the original version of it ever was. We'll post up details after we get them all worked out and implemented.

Oh, and thanks, Mo-par! I appreciate the notice. ;)

8. Mo-par!

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wera, you've been great to chat with and appreciate the clarification above...with or without the shirt, I really enjoy the forum and the great members and information that reside here!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey, ya all got off track. .. try and stay with the original post pls. Come on man !

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. BULL

BULL ________173.7mph_______ ___2016 Colorado Mile___ Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Ok, I'll ignore you too....

:cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I know that there is a period of confusion whenever a business changes owners, but I, like many others, was hoping for a smoother and shorter transition period. There are a lot of things that should have been done differently, but none of that is your fault, WERA689. We appreciate everything that you do for us, hang in there!

April

• Like Like x 2
  12. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

My signature pictures are hosted on Photobucket, also. I noticed that the pictures were not showing for a few days, but they have been back for a week now. I am not certain, but I do not think the problem is with the forum, I think Photobucket has been having issues ... that they have hopefully worked out.

April

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tightlines

Tightlines Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I appreciate you replying to my comment as it seemed passed up by the Admin. I also appreciate you not telling me to go to another app like Imagur as I don't feel like changing and I have no problems with PB on other forums. I am posting a PB image here as a test. Thanks April.

[​IMG][/URL]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mo-par!

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That pic is badazzz....great job

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. B5 MOPAR

B5 MOPAR VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Is there any one available as a representative from Vertical Scope to address what their future plans are with the forum and explain what if any changes are coming in the future because of the new ownership?