ADR Hellcat

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by MuscleGarageLA, Jan 2, 2017.

1. MuscleGarageLA

MuscleGarageLA SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    AMERICAN DRAG RACER HC :

I have been reading about the hype for this upcoming Hellcat and game changer from dodge. However I still cannot establish if this is a drag strip only car or if it could be street driven like our current hellcats. If this has been already touched upon, then I apologize in advance and would appreciate if you direct me to the thread link.

I am debating b/w saving up for a 2018 Hellcat and this drag racer so inputs would be highly welcome and appreciated.

2. MuscleGarageLA

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I inadvertently posted this on the Charger forum. Could some on duty moderators kindly shift this to the general HC discussion section? Thanks

3. 81cj8

81cj8 Worth the wait!

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Street according to rs

• Like Like x 1
  4. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Done. :)

April

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Street but ready to go.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MuscleGarageLA

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks April!

You're the best :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MuscleGarageLA

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks. I'm just so confused with this entire adr thing and the wide body option for the regular HC. Dodge is just saturating this novel concept by throwing in these variants...lol.

I was hoping our hellcats would be a limited run for 2-3 years and dodge would call it a day. However looks like they are trying to cash in or extend the product life cycle. Wouldn't be surprised if they came out with ADR on steroids next...hahaha.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  8. Mo-par!

Mo-par! Bone Stock Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There are hundreds of 16's on dealer lots right now...unfortunately, Dodge has killed any version of exclusivity other than coughing up $70k.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Ironside

Ironside Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Doing that would make ZERO business sense. Why would you spend a MOUNTAIN of money on R&D, come up with the HOTTEST product that everyone is after, and then make it super low volume and end it, while thousands of people are waving money in the air at you?

I wanted the Hellcat to be super exclusive as well, but it was because of my OWN pride/ego! It would be awesome to have something that next to nobody else could have. But then, what would the odds have been of me actually getting one? ...or you? ...or ANY of us for that matter?

They're going to crank out Hellcats until everyone who can afford one has one in their driveway or garage; then it'll be on to the 'next big thing'.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. MuscleGarageLA

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thousands of people are not waving the money as can be evidenced with the amount of cars languishing on the lots. Maybe a tad less production would have prevented that.

But I do see you rationale as to why they would be volume centric to justify the massive investments, however I would have been more comfortable if they did that with the standard Hellcat. I'm slightly perturbed with the variants which they are apparently going to inundate the market with. Its like you are going to have to contend with several Hellcat cousins each with their own unique selling points.

Yeah as a car manufacturer that is automotive/revenue utopia, but unfortunately for the hapless customer (talking exclusively for myself here) who was hoping for some semblance of exclusivity(ego/pride notwithstanding) it's frigging harakiri trying to keep up with each successor. And worse if they are more powerful compared to their immediate predecessors.

I don't mind if the changes are "evolutionary" as that is the norm or modus operandi with any auto manufacturer. I have a problem when there are "revolutionary" changes in a short span of time.

I'm pretty sure in not the only one out here who felt that this Hellcat in its current iteration, would be the only Hellcat the company would introduce...talking purely from the HP standpoint...that is....LOL. Apparently the adr is supposed to have a bump in HP.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ironside

Ironside Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Maybe YOU forgot what 2015 was like, but I haven't.

Something to the tune of 10,000 orders in the first month in the United States alone? They only ended up delivering 8,502 Hellcats WORLDWIDE that year. That's a LOT of angry people without cars. In MY country, we only got 490 Challengers TOTAL.

How is that any different than what they've been doing to us for YEARS. It's not good enough to have a Charger/Challenger... no... you need Daytonas, and SuperBees and Yellow Jackets and Mopar 10's and Core's and Scat Packs and all kinds of other stupid crap they can try to come up with to make it seem new and special.

All we can do is pick one and be happy with it (bury your head in the sand, if needed).

Hell, i'm glad i'm "stepping down" to an SRT Jeep... now I don't have to feel like I should be keeping up with the best and fastest.

If they didn't have the Hellcat ADR cooking up with BONKERS power numbers, Ford and/or GM would whip out their testicles and start tea-bagging all of our foreheads ANY SECOND.

I'm glad we'll be able to blow those snot-nosed punks out of the water YET AGAIN (hopefully). :D

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. clickr

clickr Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    on production numbers is it a "pull" thing or a "push" thing? Pull is dealers/customers order a HC then the plant produces it, or PUSH, the factory makes one and then makes the dealers take it? One of my local Dodge dealers last Fall indicated they had an allocation for a HC and the factory told them they were getting one and they would take it regardless of color/body style/options. They still are advertising the Charger for sale. Maybe it's a mix of the two production strategies; however, if you look on the web sites for Corvette's I find the numbers for sale are way bigger than the numbers for Dodge.

Not everyone can just roll out to the dealership and buy one. I am in a lease with Lexus and had I been aware of the Dodge HC when I leased this car..I would be in a HC now rather than having to wait. Hopefully by next year '18 I will be able to get into one.

Cheers,

• Like Like x 1
  13. MuscleGarageLA

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    *Is it necessary to have a hostile tone in all your posts? Is it so hard to have a polite exchange?

** Absoultely they have to up the ante. But at least wait for the current novelty to wear off a bit. We don't even know what the gt500 is going to bring to the table, as it's all speculation at this point. Au contraire if we release the ADR before the Shelby it would give them a heads up to best those numbers and raise the bar even higher. I would hold off the ADR at least until the gt500 numbers are announced.

As far as the new ZL1 is concerned the Hellcat has held its own quite admirably if I might add.

Anyways the purpose of this thread was to establish if the adr was street legal. Peace

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    The ADR will be a truly exclusive model with an exclusive price tag.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Bowtie Guy

Bowtie Guy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey Musclegarage
    Go to the 2018 Challenger thread started by Resume Speed
    This seems to be the forum for ADR

Based on this forum
    Definitely a street car
    low 10 second street car

• Like Like x 1