After 1 month, this is how I feel

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by richmondhellcat, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richmondhellcat

richmondhellcat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It has been one month since I drive it daily, so here is a summary:

1. Loudness, I get used to the sound, and when I drive other vehicles I just think it is tooooo quiet, not sure a good thing or bad thing. But no way I want to mod it to be louder.

2. Comfort, driving at "Default" setting, the car is actually very very comfortable, this is really to my surprise. I am leaving it at "Default" during the rush hour commute most of the time. Now it is over 1000km, I can have a bit fun I guess, but still "Default" is dialed in right for city commute, especially with kids and wife in the car.

3. "Sport" mode, maybe I am not a good driver, maybe the machine hasn't broken in. I find "Sport" mode is a bit too sporty for me, I am actually using "Custom" setting traction on. But I believe we overspend on this machine because of the extra secret sauce so I am ready to learn after maybe it hits 3000km and I can red line by then.

4. Off the line. This is NOT the fastest car I have driven off the line (drove a Camero SS before), maybe it is the weight and tire. I figure that we need a stagger setting for tires and it may have to be very dry. But once it hits 60km/hr, the mid range boost is crazy, and I also feel my heart is pounding when it breaks 100, 120km/hr in a very short period of time.

5. Supercharge whine. This is probably the most addictive part of the vehicle, once it kicks in, you need to stay rational to have a chance to keep your vehicle and drivers' license. Day by day, I just want to hear that whine...well, I still have my license after one month...

6. Very very practical. two car seats for two kids and I can still haul 3 adults including me in it. Jeep SRT can only do this much in terms of practicality.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Glad you're happy. Not sure about the Slowmero SS piece. I eat those like candy. :D:D:D:D

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. BlackbirdWS6

BlackbirdWS6 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Aside from my tire issues, I'm loving the car. I agree the car is very comfortable, even in sport mode. It's odd but I actually like either putting around in the car at low speed or mashing the gas.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i keep mine in sport trans, Sport suspension and street TC-----when doing 0-60's on the street i notice almost no decrease in times with Sport TC or Track trans.......but when i do them i do always set it to track trans, street suspension, sport tc (i do turn TC off on the strip)...i typically get 3.6 0-60.....whether im alone or have the car full with the wife and 3 kids....still 3.6-3.8 almost every time

the traction off the line issue is 100% you needing DR's....mine is by far the best car off the line and best traction performance car....as was my 392 SRT before it.....my 2013 GT500 can only dream of the 0-60 rush i get with my HC....now that car has traction issues even w/ dr's--much of it do to software i believe keeping me from breaking something

i agree on the exhaust...i wouldnt want it louder....also agree on the SC whine..think its perfect...Dodge did many things right.....the lack of a stripe option is my only complaint on mine....now my complaint is its not a unique stripe option...they just made it look like a 392 SRT

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. richmondhellcat

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    how come I feel that SS is fast for the first few seconds? Anyway, maybe the tires are not giving me what I want. Probably my only mod is to have wider tires.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. richmondhellcat

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    so traction control off will provide better off the line speed?

7. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    there is no way a Camaro SS can get you 3.6 0-60's......

probably more like 4.3 or higher

you just need DR's----100% of HC owners should get Nitto's or MT's on the backs at the 500 mile mark...i fought it and left my GT500 stock for 2 years....didnt make that mistake with the HC....street/stock tires are worthless with anything over 470 hp.......my GT500 F1's were outright dangerous at anything under 70 degrees...i could spin the tires at the end of 2nd gear(around 90mph) before i shifted into 3rd (not a good feeling by the way at 90 mph on the street)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    TC off is only for the track.......i was told by professional drag racer StellasHC that he could hear my car bog around 60mph at the track...the TC was messing with my timing or something....turned it off and instantly dropped .5 seconds.....but remember if you start spinning you need to let up on your own..quickly....your car isnt protecting you from yourself anymore......the last run i made i felt it give at around 60mph and i gave up---drove the rest of the 1/4 mile at 60mph......you cant just leave your foot on the ground if your car is out of control...i would never turn TC off on the street....track only, straight line only

TC off wont get you much off a 0-60 on the street....wouldnt even consider it.....i can do 3.6 with TC in street mode with 5 passengers.....there's just no need to mess w/ it unless on the track trying to get a 10.8

• Like Like x 1
  9. richmondhellcat

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    got it, that means I didn't drive it right or it is too wet on the road, i agree TC off is kinda scary on the road with other cars close by.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Mopar22

Mopar22 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    x2 on the TC OFF for the track. With my 2012 392 my best times was with TC OFF.

11. BODUKE

BODUKE Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I wish I could introduce you to mine that would be a big piece you could not swallow.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. 1FSTCAT

1FSTCAT The Punisher

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Purely a perception thing. There are many SSs that have discovered the hard way how fast the car is. I think the mass of the car insults the sensation, just like my Ninja 1400 would not feel as fast as my GSXR 1000 because of the huge weight differences, but that 1400 would chew up a 1000 with no problem from 0 - 60 and beyond. Just a different feeling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You sound like you have a lot of experience swallowing big pieces! You are such a stud! you know, for a guy of your persuasion that is. I bet all the guys down at the blue oyster bar just knock themselves out for a slow dance with you! When you can step up and be a real man without the need to pat your scrawny ass on the back all the time, maybe someone will listen to your huffing and puffing but right now you just sound like a blowhard!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. BODUKE

BODUKE Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Upgrade your driveshaft bud.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    youd love to see my drive shaft wouldnt you melvin?

• Funny Funny x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.