Aftermarket Drive Shaft?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Mike III, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Mike III

Mike III Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello everybody, I just joined Hellcat.org and ordered my 2016 Challenger Hellcat last week! I should have it in March sometime. I was thinking of changing the tires to drag radials when I get the car after reading about all of the traction problems with this car. If I do so I think it will be a good idea to upgrade the stock drive shaft as I will be racing the car at the track every once in a while. Does anyone have any feedback on this and does anyone know if I replace the drive shaft if it voids any warranties? I am not looking to do any other upgrades to the car, just trying to avoid breaking the drive shaft. Thank You for your feedback!

2. YLWJKT

YLWJKT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have a DSS driveshaft.
    I spoke with my dealer before I installed it and he said the most it might affect is warranty on the differential.
    If a differential related problem were to occur it would be up to the regional warranty advisor to determine if he thought it was caused or helped along by the driveshaft exchange.

3. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello Mike, and welcome to the forum! Grtz on the order, hopefully that Cat will make it to you very soon! There are several posts here on the forum regarding driveshafts, you will find lots of info listed. Down at the bottom of every thread page there is a section under the red banner, titled "Similar Threads". You can also use the search feature here on the forum ... it is at the top right side of the page. :)

April

4. Mike III

Mike III Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you April, that is good to know!