SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Age of Hellcat owners?

74K views 374 replies 283 participants last post by  Julynch1 
#1 ·
So I have been extremely fortunate in my life, and am able to buy a Hellcat at 19. I started my own business at 14, and have done very well for myself. I finally put my order in for a Hellcat Charger just recently, and I was wondering what the ages are of people that are buying them. My dealer I ordered from suggested I may the youngest one to order one. All my friends think I am nuts for not buying a BMW M or Audi S-series. I find all those cars a bit boring, and have had a lot of german cars in the past, and they have not excited me like my old Charger or Ram has. I can definitely say I have been bitten by the Mopar Bug! Can't wait to get my Cat!

#3 ·
Good luck young fella, good to hear a 19 year old today is interested in modern AMERICAN muscle..........As for me, I ordered my HELLCAT 2/27/15, and I am 64, will be 65 in June..........I ordered the B5 Blue pearl, B% Blue was an awesome color from back in my days...........Be Proud you can get that car at your age...............you deserve a lot of credit............my first car, my senior year of High School was a 1968 Hemi Road Runner, bought brand new, my dad co-signed and it was $200.00 down and $89.00 per month, OH< the good ol' days............
Right now I have a 2015 Tri Coat Black Pearl SCAT PACK, auto, love it..........I traded in my 2010 Camaro SS and 2011 Mustang GT for it, both cars had only 10 thousand miles on them, Good Luck!

#5 ·
I definitely have a thing for American Muscle. I work very hard for everything I have, and I hate the looks people give me when I drive a Mercedes or BMW. Plus the issues those cars have lead me right to Mopar (100k Power-train warranty). My first new car was my 2012 Charger that I ordered to my specs from the factory when I was 17. I loved that car, which is why I bought my Ram for my Work truck, and ordered the hellcat. Hope to have a 70 Challenger someday. But for now I am extremely fortunate to have what I have and can't wait for the Hellcat (once I get a VIN :().

Attachments

#7 ·
I will be 73 in June. Ordered my first new true muscle car in 1962, a Super Duty 421 Pontiac Catalina. Always into cars, built "hot rods" in the 50s and 60s, and in the 80s did a couple of show cars with the ISCA, had lots of fun. Career, family and the such took lots of time, now we are retired and very happy. Looking forward to the Hellcat.

#9 ·
Yo! ordered my Charger Hellcat 1/29 Silver, only opt. ordered GPS. Nice to hear a lot of younger people have ordered Hellcat's. Oh my age about 2 years older than dirt. (72) older in body, but young in heart. Mopar then , Mopar now and always;.Always remember where you came from, and like the adv. said at Super Bowl, don't b###h.

#11 ·
Congrats on being so successful at such a young age. Glad you can experience the rewards and grab a hellcat so young!

I'm 40. This is my 8th grown up car. My last 6 have been Lexus or Mercedes. Growing up though I had all muscle cars....I'm happy to be living in a time when such a fantastic muscle/sports car is available...WITH a warranty!

#14 ·
58, will take delivery next week! Always had high performance cars and raced when younger. Family put some of that on hold till they grew older.

I do have a 70 also, drive that every weekend! It's in my blood now.

Reactions: TIGwelder
#20 ·
52. I have always vacillated between GM and Mopar. First car used, 72 sport fury police model, 360 4bbl, second car, and I wish I still has it was a 66 Chrysler 300C. This car was stupid loaded. Tilt, telescoping steering, am, fm autoseek radio if you can imagine (you would hit seek and the for those old enough to remember this stuff, the little red indicator would scroll across the dial and when it found a station would lock on it. If it it didn't find anything it came back down the dial [1966] whoda thunk), the shifter was on the floor, real leather everywhere, electric power driver and pass seats power windows including the little ones in the back, 383, torque flight, with posi rear. Nice lines, low to the ground and it was never far to a gas station. It was the deep maroon color with a black top. If I dig up a picture I'll post it. I honestly might even consider a trade for the HC for that 300 fully restored. Well, maybe not, speed is king but uniqueness is a quality unto itself. Not sure if links work here but this what it looked like. 1966 Chrysler 300 Flickr - Photo Sharing Fun car. But I digress.
I sought of consider myself a lucky bastard because in the garage I have a 2009.5 Pontiac GXP Stryker Blue. Only 52 of em made like that out 1828. I will have just over 1,100 stock HP in my garage.
I'm already close to being single. Another car and shes leaving me. Hope not, she has all the money. I wonder what will be next. Kids are already fighting over who gets what. Everyone should have these problems, I should shut my mouth and give thanks. I give Him the thanks. Thank you.

#185 ·
52. I have always vacillated between GM and Mopar. First car used, 72 sport fury police model, 360 4bbl, second car, and I wish I still has it was a 66 Chrysler 300C. This car was stupid loaded. Tilt, telescoping steering, am, fm autoseek radio if you can imagine (you would hit seek and the for those old enough to remember this stuff, the little red indicator would scroll across the dial and when it found a station would lock on it. If it it didn't find anything it came back down the dial [1966] whoda thunk), the shifter was on the floor, real leather everywhere, electric power driver and pass seats power windows including the little ones in the back, 383, torque flight, with posi rear. Nice lines, low to the ground and it was never far to a gas station. It was the deep maroon color with a black top. If I dig up a picture I'll post it. I honestly might even consider a trade for the HC for that 300 fully restored. Well, maybe not, speed is king but uniqueness is a quality unto itself. Not sure if links work here but this what it looked like. 1966 Chrysler 300 Flickr - Photo Sharing Fun car. But I digress.
I sought of consider myself a lucky bastard because in the garage I have a 2009.5 Pontiac GXP Stryker Blue. Only 52 of em made like that out 1828. I will have just over 1,100 stock HP in my garage.
I'm already close to being single. Another car and shes leaving me. Hope not, she has all the money. I wonder what will be next. Kids are already fighting over who gets what. Everyone should have these problems, I should shut my mouth and give thanks. I give Him the thanks. Thank you.
I turned 50.today. Still.feel like 20 would love to be 15 again. Life is great

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.