All 4 Hellcats @ my dealer are in BX status?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by jerry green, Oct 3, 2014.

1. jerry green

jerry green Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ...stopped by the dealer today and they showed me all the Hellcat orders, 1 black, 1 silver, 1 sublime, and mine Tor red. I noticed the 1st 2 were Sept 9 orders, the 3rd one last week I believe and mine Sept 27. Wonder why they are all lined with the same status? The other 3 looked like they had more options and mine was with the least...just thought that was unusual.

2. Smitty

Smitty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    BX status just means that the dealer submitted the order and they did it correctly. They could order 50 tomorrow and they would all go to BX status In a couple of days but unless they are allocated the orders they will just sit there in that status. An order will move to D status if and when it's actually going to be built

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. WindowShaker

WindowShaker Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Your dealer may not have any allocated on the first run. My dealer told me that there's 420 dealers on the east coast alone and only 240 cars were allocated to those dealers. I was fortunate enough to get the 2nd of 2 that my dealer was allocated.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Smitty

Smitty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's because they ordered them but don't have allocation for them. We have 6 orders in BX status that will hopefully eventually be filled as we get more allocation. A lot of dealers placed extra orders above their allocation just hoping that they would get an extra one or another dealer might cancel an order and they would get lucky. None of them orders will change to D status and get a vin until the dealer receives another allocation in December.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bane

Bane Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My dealer told me that they were allocated 1 for their showroom and 2 for customer orders. I was first on the list for customer order and I got a call to come in and order. Got there 15 minutes later and they had just completed the order for the showroom. I was told I would have a first allocation car. From what you've said, it looks like I'll have to wait until December.

6. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am a first allocation buyer with #1 and was originally told late November/ early December, found out I got a vin but not sure how long I have had it.

7. tsc

tsc SRT Hellcat Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yep, all about allocation. No allocation, not leaving BX. If allocation is available (via initial allocations or balancing) then a VIN will be issued and move to D status. Luckily I was #1 at my dealer with no markup, and lots of things in writing. I know they got at least 1 allocation, mine.. not sure how many others, and honestly didn't care. :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. jerry green

jerry green Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ..okay, here's my update on my Tor Red 6M HC ordered Sept 29..Salesman just texted me and said per the SRT rep all now 5 HC's for our dealership will be built in December..oh well, what's a few more months of agony? Tammie, tell me I can make it until Jan-Feb...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LMFAO!!!!!!Geez Jerry, I am the wrong person to ask about ability to be patient! I am ready to fly to Michigan, bring my shotgun to shoot flying rats that are pooping on my Hellcat and load the darn car onto the train myself!!! I am even taking donations for bail money...There is definitely NOT a picture of me next to the description of patience. My last description of how I feel is when I decided to peek at my Christmas presents one year and then rewrap them. I knew all the cool games and toys I was getting and I got myself so worked up waiting for Christmas because I knew what cool gadget I was getting but I couldn't have it. It kept me up at night and drove me crazy. It is just like that, but 10X WORSE!! I wish you the best of luck. In reality, if my choices were No Hellcat or Wait a Year, I would choose to wait every time. There is no question that these babies are going to be worth the wait no matter how grueling it may be.;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Smitty

Smitty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Here's the problem with the whole deal. There's so much BS coming from a lot of these dealerships and salespeople, not all, but a lot. There is no secret formula and there is no secret about these Hellcats so here's the whole deal in a nutshell. First off , it doesn't matter how many deposits a dealer had or even how many they have now or will take. Not one dealer knew how many Hellcats that they were getting before the morning of 09/09/2014. That is when Dodge had the reps call each dealership and give them their "allocation" or how many that they could order and get for certain. So, on that morning each dealership knew if they would get 0 or 1 or 2 or however many that their allocation that was given was. Regardless of that , greedy dealers and greedy salespeople continued to instill false hope in customers by taking their deposits and telling them that they would order them a Hellcat and most importantly not disclosing to the customer that they had no idea and no allocation left to get them one. That's the problem with the whole deal. I've taken 12 deposits so far and every single customer understands that after the first couple, the wait could be a year and that they might even end up getting a 2016 . Who knows? I'm not going to lie to a customer to get a deposit, that's ridiculous! Then some dealers said ok, I put your order in and it's BX status . Well , guess what, I can put in 50 orders right now and they will all be BX status in a day or 2 and they will all get a VON number as soon as I type them in. BX means that it was typed in properly with all the blanks filled and a VON means that it is an order and that's all that they mean. Nothing from either of those codes says that it is being built or when it will be built. They just say that the dealer has submitted an order properly and the system has accepted it and when there is an allocation for that dealer for that product that it will begin the process of getting built. So , as I work at a dealership and not the factory, I have no reason to say this other than it being the facts: Dodge or Chrysler never said to any dealer, order all that you want, and they never said, take all their deposits and we will build them next month. They ran into a couple of setbacks at the factory, ie;emissions problems and sunroofs, etc. but I order cars everyday and orders on any new DODGE, CHRYSLER, JEEP, RAM product take anywhere from 6 weeks to 10 weeks to get in and build. Knowing this its only been 7-8 weeks since the order banks opened up on this new car so its not so really late getting built and shipped. Especially since they had the emissions setback and are doing several quality control extra inspections to make sure that it's an exceptional car when it gets to us. Also , any dealer or salesperson that took a deposit and didn't contact the customer to explain that the sunroof and special leather options were not available and ask if they wanted to proceed with their order being adjusted for these options, just wasn't doing their job , since the dealerships were notified of these changes days after the initial orders so that they could call their customer and either modify the order or move to the next one. Any salesperson that didn't do that was just being lazy and shouldn't be taking orders for anything , let alone a special car like this. So, if your order is still in BX status , then you will find out more when and only when the next allocations are given out in DECEMBER... As Dodge stated in SEPTEMBER , and these guys are still out there BSing their customers that they're getting this or that on the next allocation. I wonder what part of," December allocations will be given to dealers based on their previous 90 days of Dodge product sales " these guys at some of these dealerships didn't understand. I'm extremely excited about my order and am waiting patiently as the rest of you are. Remember, "good things come to those who wait"...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  11. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks Smitty, that is the best explanation I have seen. That is very similar to what my dealer told me and he has been very up front with me. As I have indicated in other posts, I am only frustrated with the delays because a ship date was put in earlier than I had been told so I had a false sense of early receipt. It was never my dealer who told me I would be getting my Hellcat in October, he told me middle November. It is frustrating knowing that your car is built and ready, but not shipped because there isn't enough to send one way. Not anyone's fault on that. I totally agree, the dealers who have given people a false sense of ability to get them a Hellcat by a certain time is crap!! My dealer did not take any additional orders after the 1 allotted in September and he has a hold for the 1 he expects for December. Aside from that, he has not placed any additional orders. This is very useful information you have shared and explains some of what is going on.:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. 70TA-09RT

70TA-09RT Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Spot on Smitty, I'm involved with our order process and we had 1 allocation sold everyone that has come in was told next allocation would be in December no BS just straight facts it's the easiest way to sell this car as far as placing orders and getting a VON then having to answer calls every other day I'll leave that for the others. I would prefer to move my customers into a Challenger that I can deliver in a timely fashion. It's all in the approach and delivery most of these customers aren't informed like members of the forums and just know that the BUZZ is out there and they want one or want to see it...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. darin skelly

darin skelly Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks Smitty. That is why I put an order in with you. Trust is very important. Hopeful for a 2015 vehicle but understand it's out of your hands. An honest broker always get my cash.

• Like Like x 1
  14. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

15. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think a lot of the dealerships are misinformed and with misinformation on both dealership/customer; it is used to their advantage to make a sale. For example, in one dealership, I was listening to some of the floor salesmen talk about one of their showroom floor cars (Challenger Scat Pack R/T) and how great the 5.7L engine in the car was. Granted, the hood was open and the valve covers said "Powered by SRT"....

In the end, it just comes down to being well informed. Luckily, there are good forums such as this one to facilitate information.

• Agree Agree x 1